[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Sun Apr 21 7pm PT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Unpopular comment but early on in this series it seems like Nashville did more scouting on our teams habits and plays.

Tocchet  seemed more invested on practice only. I might be wrong, just looks like it. Ah, it's early..                       

I mean they did have almost a whole week to scout us and game plan. Not to mention more fresh. 

3 minutes ago, viking mama said:

I hope there’s a Director of officiating or officiating-supervisor attending this  game, who makes ‘em watch some of their more controversial or missed calls between period. 

Learn something. 

I thought penalties are also to discourage certain types of play. Whether it was a severe crosscheck to Garland or not, it's giving Nashville a big YES to do it more severely and more often.

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

WTF

JT and BB are on that line, so they are not responsible?

They've put the lotto line out 3 times tonight for draws. Petey was with Hoglander and Lafferty most of the game.

Edited by MikeyD
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Combover said:

We had the only power play of the game .

fans start chanting refs you suck 

refs well ok if you say so 

nash no pps till the second. 

I’m no fan of the officials but when has chanting refs you suck had a positive result it’s just so stupid. 

Or  starting a game signalling we surrender lol I’d fire the guy responsible for that bit of stupidity. 
Regardless of the history. 

They missed a clear and obvious penalty.  Bottom line is that both of these criminals have proven that they aren't willing to conduct themselves like professionals and need to be suspended for the rest of the playoffs for their misconduct tonight.

9 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I dunno who the stripes are this game but in the Finnish army it is common place, and dancing together. Finns are secure enough in their manhood to not care what anyone thinks. 

I don't take it as a sign of bias, just comradary.

I ment it in the sense that they're gonna buy anything he sells. That "slew foot" bullshit. Yeah, nice dive. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Lindholm has been our best player tonight.

Myers and Zadorov have been our best defencemen.

Myers doesn't get enough credit for his play, wouldn't be surprised to see him extended 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Pettersson just isn't driving play right now, and Hogs isn't making much happen either. Should keep the lotto line together then shorten the bench to 3 lines.

Pettersson hasn’t driven play in 4 months. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Its interesting seeing outside media criticizing Petey, Elliotte there & Ryan Whitney on twitter. Kinda seeing what we've seen.

Dunno what it is but he's just not driving play like he can the last while. And his linemates aren't helping him either, think Laff/Mikh swap was a mistake, but ultimately lotto line is the way to go.

Still plenty of time, we are dominating 5 on 5 just gotta keep doing it & we'll get chances + PPs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

They missed a clear and obvious penalty.  Bottom line is that both of these criminals have proven that they aren't willing to conduct themselves like professionals and need to be suspended for the rest of the playoffs for their misconduct tonight.

The NHL needs to make you the head of officiating and Canada needs to bring back the death penalty.

• Haha 1

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

Most "normal" people would agree!

That we wouldn't be at 50 wins and a division title with him instead of Lindholm? Yeah you're right. 

2 minutes ago, Combover said:

We had the only power play of the game .

fans start chanting refs you suck 

refs well ok if you say so 

nash no pps till the second. 

I’m no fan of the officials but when has chanting refs you suck had a positive result it’s just so stupid. 

Or  starting a game signalling we surrender lol I’d fire the guy responsible for that bit of stupidity. 
Regardless of the history. 

If refs are making/not making calls because of what’s going on in the stands rather than what’s happening on the ice that’s a serious problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

They've put the lotto line out 3 times tonight for draws. Petey was with Hoglander most of the game.

To be fair to Petey it’s pretty easy right now to just have everybody cover him. I think Nashville knows that there isn’t much else driving that line. Getting another scorer might be key in the off-season to play with Petey and take the pressure off. I still think something is wrong with him. He just looks bad when the puck gets on his stick. Knocked over. His speed is just not there anymore. He never gets open or seperates himself from others.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82