[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Sun Apr 21 7pm PT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Petey and Hughy both look a little deer caught in the headlights. 

We need both to start asserting themselves. 

They're over thinking the game right now its seems. Petey almost had a goal there which he needs to get some confidence and just play

• Like 1

I’m for uniting the lotto-line.

All of the other Canucks players can hold down the fort…but we need an offensive spear to thrust into this game & I believe the lotto-line could be it! 

Edited by viking mama

2 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

I ment it in the sense that they're gonna buy anything he sells. That "slew foot" bullshit. Yeah, nice dive. 

Ahh, I get you. Sometimes I need it spelled out slow for me, haha.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

They've put the lotto line out 3 times tonight for draws. Petey was with Hoglander and Lafferty most of the game.

No disrespect to Lafferty , but that does not seem like a dangerous line. Petey needs a power forward to make room. 

10 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'm a big Petey supporter but really disappointing. The whole line has been non existent and can't generate anything. Not even a forecheck.

JT has zero shots and fuck all else outside a couple hits let’s not gloss that over too it’s not just Pettersson. 

Edited by canuck73_3

8 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

Petey gotta step it up. The only play he made that jumps to mind is that drag and shot top corner that just missed.

Maybe he should just drop the gloves with his attitude all physical 

Petey has like 20 family and friends watching him play in the arena tonight.. was hoping that would jolt him and give him the energy he needed finally... not seeing much so far outside of a few early 1st period shifts.

3 minutes ago, mmkk said:

Saros is a small goalie. 5'11. Let's get some traffic and hit the net. Good things always happen.

We're not doing anything to make him seeing the puck difficult enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Plain and simple, we need Petey to step it up. He's playing like a regular season game. Zero intensity, zero impact. Lfg.

He has to prove that he can battle against the more physical play of the playoffs. Sedins were also smart players but they were really tough ( even though people like to call the Sedin girls ). 

Petey has to adjust to playoff style hockey and we'll see if he can.

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Most "normal" people would agree!

Kuzmenko couldn't breath here because we had 5 Allstars sucking up all the goal scoring oxygen. He thrived on my cousins team after the trade cuz aside from #11 Flames, no one else there was sucking up all the good goal scoring air. Huberdon't et al...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

No disrespect to Lafferty , but that does not seem like a dangerous line. Petey needs a power forward to make room. 

Petey needs a lot of things to be successful right now which isn't good. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Petey and Hughy both look a little deer caught in the headlights. 

We need both to start asserting themselves. 

Maybe we're blowing these playoffs and just chalking it up to "experience ".

2 minutes ago, Nucklifer said:

They're over thinking the game right now its seems. Petey almost had a goal there which he needs to get some confidence and just play

Ya but he just doesn’t look fast. He isn’t deking anyone out of their socks. His shot is gone. Wrister and slap shot. It’s like all his powers were stolen in the middle of the night sort of like the move Space Jam.

camping alien abduction GIF by Scorpion Dagger