[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Sun Apr 21 7pm PT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

To be fair to Petey it’s pretty easy right now to just have everybody cover him. I think Nashville knows that there isn’t much else driving that line. Getting another scorer might be key in the off-season to play with Petey and take the pressure off. I still think something is wrong with him. He just looks bad when the puck gets on his stick. Knocked over. His speed is just not there anymore. He never gets open or seperates himself from others.

Yeah & he's not shoot or passing the puck as quick, like he's thinking too much.

I do agree but he hasn't earned better linemates with his play (compared to Miller), I do think he's probably going to be most effective with the lotto line though, no sense having him as the 3C which he is right now.

3 minutes ago, viking mama said:

I’m for uniting the lotto-line.

All of the other Canucks players can hold down the fort…but we need an offensive spear to thrust into this game & I believe lotto-line could be it! 

I think Boeser and Miller have looked better tonight with Suter than with Petterson. Suter's not a finisher, but he forechecks and works hard along the boards--things that are not hallmarks of Petey's game.

But who knows--maybe they recreate that magic from earlier in the season

4 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

It’s ok the game isn’t over yet.

We will totally win da turd.

Speaking of...wouldn't it be cool to snag Burrows as an assistant coach when his contract is up in, I wanna say, Montreal?

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

JT has zero shots and fuck all else outside a couple hits let’s not gloss that over too it’s not just Pettersson. 

He has a shot on net and he's had a couple great screens and good passes that Boeser couldn't hit the net with. 

JT has at least been noticeable tonight and generating something. Petey's most noticeable moment is a missed shot.

• Upvote 2

"The Canucks biggest issue is shots generated.  For every glorious scoring chance, they choose to try a pass for a tap-in.  That never works with D that Nashville has.  It is frustrating all season long and playoffs is no exemption.     Let's generate shots when you had it unless there's open space available.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya but he just doesn’t look fast. He isn’t deking anyone out of their socks. His shot is gone. Wrister and slap shot. It’s like all his powers were stolen in the middle of the night sort of like the move Space Jam.

camping alien abduction GIF by Scorpion Dagger

Sounds like a hand injury to me.

When there is a shooting lane, one of the guys, being Miller, Petey, Boeser, Hughes, or Hronek maybe need to just say: "Ah fuck it" and crank one!!!!