[PGT] PDO vs Preds - Game 1 (April 21, 2024)

MikeyD

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I've lost hope that Petey will return to form like he was earlier this season.  Something just isn't right with him.

Yeah I don't think he'll get back to that 2PPG scoring rate (if he does we win the cup surely), but if he can score at a 30G, 70ish point pace we should be happy. He's essentially on a line of his own playing with kids/plugs/AHLers and really can't drive the play himself the way Miller can. I'd try him on someone's wing to be honest.

At the moment he's our 3rd line center so doesn't have to do anything amazing but it'd be nice if he could score a bit, contribute on the PP mainly and win some match ups against weaker 3rd lines.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

I said it once and will say it again, Joshua is worth every penny of a $750K, 2-way contract!

Woooooooohooooooo what a game!

Hope Dak doesn't break the bank next year, Go Canucks Go!

Worth every penny? Its the steal of the century...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Hahaha my pgt's are shit! I just hate it when the game is done and there isn't one up. I get antsy! 

I miss the days of Vintage doing all of them.

I rushed to fill a void too and it was the worst PGT of the year. Hahaha 😆 

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Lindholm had a great game. This is what we traded him for.

18:14 toi 5 hits 60% FO 1 goal +2

One of the best if not the best player on the ice tonight along with Dakota Joshua. 

Yep full value tonight 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Yeah I think that was Nashville's best game out there and they looked it for about 35-40 minutes but then we just ramped it up a notch and got back to playing our game. They do have some good weapons and they showcased them a lot, especially on the PP, but our whole defensive unit just shut them down.

Forsberg who might be one of the best players in the last 20-30 games was invisible, barely had a scoring chance I can remember and limps out a -3 on the night.

Agreed with everything. I think that Nashville is a little top heavy as they have a good first line and they can match them against our first line but the rest of the Canucks lineup is so much better and the Lindholm line is just able to feast on the soft underbelly of the Predators. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

People doubting/hating on JT continue to take L's. 

And I was one of those people, I'll admit I hated the trade at the time, but he won me over in the first year & he's only far exceeded expectations since.

He's legitimately entering all-time Canuck status, its really incredible how great hes been & he's been a leader the whole time on top of it. 

And he’s just getting warmed up. Many great years ahead for JT.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • MillerTime 2