[PGT] PDO vs Preds - Game 1 (April 21, 2024)

MikeyD

46 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

im genuinely terrified of that 11 million dollar contract

petey can be so dominant but the fact that he can just disappear for months is wild for a guy getting paid what he is

Phenomenal atmosphere last night - totally agree about the Petey situation - don't want to speculate anything but hope the coaches continue to work with him so can get the most production and impact (even line mates) - we will need all hands on deck in this series as the games are just gonna get tighter and grittier moving forward.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Honestly, I didn't really notice him out there tonight - at least not the first two periods? What was I missing? 

I didn't get to see the third period, and that's when the boys came back from the 2-1 deficit. How did you feel like Miller was unbelievable tonight? 

He willed the team along with his compete level.  

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

He willed the team along with his compete level.  

He had a good game, but that's a stretch, imo.  If anyone willec the team along it was garland, Joshua and lindy

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

It seems to be a strange decision- they were off for quite some time before game 1.

Good for Canucks, I guess.

Nux pounded them.  They need time to heal.  

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

I take comfort in reflecting back to 1994 when it took Bure a few games in the playoffs to get going.  Once he did, he was elite.  Big part of the reason why we came back down 3-1 to the Flames.

Hate to say it, but I'm questioning EP's off season efforts to an extent. Not saying he doesn't apply himself, but he is young. A young man with tonne of cash and access to a tonne of fun and maybe there's another level of training he needs to grow into. Not that he's Jake Virtanen, but maybe he needs to evolve into what it takes to be the best.

39 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's a fine line though because big guys can also be exploited by quick skaters if they're not exceptional skaters as well.  Fortunately, all the big guys on the Canucks d are also very good skaters, Myers especially 

Yes, if you're oversized and a poor skater your goose is cooked. Especially nowadays. When you look at Myers this year it just demonstrates even more how poor of a coach Boudreau was. He's a great motivator but shows very little about systems and x's and o's. He had far less to work with than RT but his group showed zero improvement or readiness last season.

• Cheers 1

Something feels very special about this group. Seeing the emotion and brotherhood between Joshua and Garland, Miller, Suter, Boeser, etc.  

The Canucks D and Demko are outstanding, a must for any contender. Demko's early split save from a Beauvillier chance was amazing. The punishing hits from Zadorov and Myers made me glad they're on our side. I don't feel this Canucks team is to be intimidated by any team.  

Rogers was rockin', so proud, love this team

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Hate to say it, but I'm questioning EP's off season efforts to an extent. Not saying he doesn't apply himself, but he is young. A young man with tonne of cash and access to a tonne of fun and maybe there's another level of training he needs to grow into. Not that he's Jake Virtanen, but maybe he needs to evolve into what it takes to be the best.

I dont think you need to (overly) worry about Petey.  He is one of the rare, obsessed and driven players (like Hughes) who want to achieve their best.  I feel like I can confidently say that.

The way I look at Petey is in terms of years.  He’s year 6 Petey right now at age 25. I see year 7 Petey and beyond being better versions of himself because he works so hard in the off season.  You can definitely see the changes physically and as his body matures there is room for growth.  I know people are concerned about him right now, and that’s fair.  He’s still a very slick player w the ability to make game breaking plays-hopefully we can see it make an impact in the playoffs.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AmyTheGma said:

I had a really funny(to me anyways) moment that I thought I would share.

I had just been away for 18 days and I have this senior citizen parrot ironically named Handsome(missing a lot of his feathers and is 35 years old,  big buggy eyes)

He was very excited to see me and we always watch the Canucks games together and he really likes all the emotions that come during the games.  He goes to bed at 7pm every night in true old guy form.  I though he should be long asleep, but when the magical 12s segment happened I was so

excited that I was screaming and carrying on and then from the darkness of his bedroom I hear him doing his best excitement whistle which is the one that you would make when an attractive lady walks by.  He did about 4-5 of these and then went back to sleep.

It really capped off a great night for me!  Perfect first night back home!

What a great story. Set the scene beautifully with your recap. Thanks for sharing, lol, that's awesome!

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

just keep wondering if the refs will change their tune on physical play in game 2... do we get the same crew?

I hope not!  I think that the non-calls went against the Canucks in the past (2011), other teams taking liberties, but this year's Canucks team has some big mofos who like to crush opponents, the swagger is back. Put away the whistles, let 'em play!

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

I hope not!  I think that the non-calls went against the Canucks in the past (2011), other teams taking liberties, but this year's Canucks team has some big mofos who like to crush opponents, the swagger is back. Put away the whistles, let 'em play!

Ferland was given an immunity idol to charge at whatever player was in a Canuck uniform in the 2014 playoffs

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1