[PGT] PDO vs Preds - Game 1 (April 21, 2024)

MikeyD

11 minutes ago, The Duke said:

100%!  Myers has improved but he’s also always done better with a stable, veteran partner.  Soucy, Zadorov, Hughes or Cole all fit the bill and I think that’s also helping the big guy out.  

and what an asset he is when he’s on.

Exactly. As a result, we're seeing more stability and less chaos from him. He's playing like we knew and wanted.

Also, all of our new additions on D have pulled the others forward to a high level and a new ceiling.  

36 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I totally agree and I truly believe with his drive, he won't like what happened this season and will adjust. My opinion is more based on the distractions that come with being a young, wealthy hockey player. Just speculation, but something is definitely off. 

One thing I have noticed is that he is playing within the system/not over extending himself.  Take what’s given.  His line as a whole hasnt been able to generate more but they also havnt been a liability.  I do think beyond this year we will see a more individually dominant Petey but atm line chemistry seems to be the big thing. 

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Yup, all of us  based nuck fans are suffering with you. G3/G4 we get tbs/max team. Least no messier - f him

For sure. It's sad, my uncle looks more and more like Messier as he gets older. I'm afraid of saying anything, in case no one else has noticed.

What are the chances the Canucks can bring up Lekkerimaki for the playoffs?  I find it hard to believe he would be less productive than Lafferty or PDG.  Petey's confidence is withering on the vine, he needs some talent to play with and his line isn't getting him the puck.  Lekkerimaki would give Petey an injection of confidence in his veins.  Petey is playing indecisive and with not much confidence, but it would help if he was playing with top 6 talent. 

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

I totally agree and I truly believe with his drive, he won't like what happened this season and will adjust. My opinion is more based on the distractions that come with being a young, wealthy hockey player. Just speculation, but something is definitely off. 

I think he's just dealing with increased defensive attention. All Superstar players go through it. The good ones adjust and get better. I expect Petey will be the same.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think he's just dealing with increased defensive attention. All Superstar players go through it. The good ones adjust and get better. I expect Petey will be the same.

This is true. They are on him hard and have been for awhile, like every great player. I agree, he will adjust. Too much talent and drive in EP to not believe it can happen.

11 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

What are the chances the Canucks can bring up Lekkerimaki for the playoffs?  I find it hard to believe he would be less productive than Lafferty or PDG.  Petey's confidence is withering on the vine, he needs some talent to play with and his line isn't getting him the puck.  Lekkerimaki would give Petey an injection of confidence in his veins.  Petey is playing indecisive and with not much confidence, but it would help if he was playing with top 6 talent. 

Anyone watch Lekk in Abby. Is this a stretch? 

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Anyone watch Lekk in Abby. Is this a stretch? 

Havent watched him in Abby but i think its a stretch.

Tocch wants someone he can trust.  Defensively responsible, no low percentage high risk plays, you see nothing you take the safe way out and get to the bench.  Not that Lekk cant do these things, but im thinking they need to seem him in multiple games to get a handle on how he would perform and to iron out any deficiencies.  Maybe if there are a bunch of injuries?

17 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I thought he was in Sweden and has committed to playing in the World Championships?

• ThereItIs 1