[PGT] PDO vs Preds - Game 1 (April 21, 2024)

MikeyD

8 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

for what they are paying him he should be able to play with anyone

No. That's a narrow thought. Most all stars in the NHL have a quality linemate, a pairing that works and gels. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

Havent watched him in Abby but i think its a stretch.

Tocch wants someone he can trust.  Defensively responsible, no low percentage high risk plays, you see nothing you take the safe way out and get to the bench.  Not that Lekk cant do these things, but im thinking they need to seem him in multiple games to get a handle on how he would perform and to iron out any deficiencies.  Maybe if there are a bunch of injuries?

I'm commenting blind, haven't watched Lekk in Abby. I have to think it's a big stretch. If they even thought it was doable you think they would of brought him up for some practices or something. Isn't he in Sweden now?

11 minutes ago, Rekker said:

This is true. They are on him hard and have been for awhile, like every great player. I agree, he will adjust. Too much talent and drive in EP to not believe it can happen.

Petey had a decent night. He's always solid defensively. Got his stick in lanes in our slot. Then he got a couple quick shots off and actually connected on a one timer that missed the net. He had a couple good sneaky passes that would've sprung Hoggy but were bobbled. The line itself is poorly constructed with Mikheyev or Lafferty on his wing. Don't really have a solution but as it is they can double team Pettersson with little worry of the other two guys on his line. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, Rekker said:

I'm commenting blind, haven't watched Lekk in Abby. I have to think it's a big stretch. If they even thought it was doable you think they would of brought him up for some practices or something. Isn't he in Sweden now?

Yeah i think hes gonna play for team sweden in world championships.  It would be nice to see him at some point if possible.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Petey had a decent night. He's always solid defensively. Got his stick in lanes in our slot. Then he got a couple quick shots off and actually connected on a one timer that missed the net. He had a couple good sneaky passes that would've sprung Hoggy but were bobbled. The line itself is poorly constructed with Mikheyev or Lafferty on his wing. Don't really have a solution but as it is they can double team Pettersson with little worry of the other two guys on his line. 

How bad would it be to have Dak and Garly with Petey?  Then you could have Lindy with Hoggy and Mik for a more traditional 3rd line

10 minutes ago, AmyTheGma said:

How bad would it be to have Dak and Garly with Petey?  Then you could have Lindy with Hoggy and Mik for a more traditional 3rd line

There's definitely a number of guys who would get that call before Lek

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AmyTheGma said:

I think the goal is to have 3 threatening lines and I think that's a great thing to aspire to.  I did like that they mixed in a few lotto line shifts each period.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, flat land fish said:

I think the goal is to have 3 threatening lines and I think that's a great thing to aspire to.  I did like that they mixed in a few lotto line shifts each period.

yeah Tocc will definitely stack lines situationally

• Cheers 1

Most of this stuff has already been covered and I don't have time to go through all the comments, but I'll just make a couple of points:

I was one of the people who thought the Canucks overpaid for Lindholm, but his play last night gives me some confidence that maybe I was wrong. It's not even the goal he scored....(TBH, I doubt that shot gets past an NHL goalie more than 1 out of 10 times) It was everything else he did....

He didn't even get an assist on DJ's game winner, but without him getting in on the forecheck and knocking Lauzon off the puck, the goal never happens. If we get this same version of Lindy throughout the playoffs, I'll change my mind on the trade.

Secondly, watching Miller's post game comments made me proud. This is a guy who's been in 2 Conference finals front of the fans at MSG and Amalie Arena, yet he was blown away by the fans at last night's game. Well done to everyone who was there....

• Cheers 4

3 guys that frustrated, late-season:

Josh.. was really rolling, then darnitall, the guy goes & breaks his hand.

EL.. 2 in his 1st game! then goes lame. Folks didn't realize he was nursing a health issue.

Suter.. Kinda disappeared it seemed, over the last 20, 25 tilts of season.

In the 3rd, these guys all came through in spades. It's nice to get these contributions throughout the lineup.

This season, Van has so MANY ways they can beat an opponent. Very hard to deal with such a squad.

45 minutes ago, stawns said:

There's definitely a number of guys who would get that call before Lek

Wouldn't mind seeing Karlsson get some practice time with EP40 and see how he looks.

He's been playing well in Abby and has a little snarl to his game...which surprised me. Kinda like Hogz.

He goes to the dirty area's, scores and likes to mix it up.