[PGT] PDO vs Preds - Game 1 (April 21, 2024)

MikeyD

Tocchet was calm and cool through the questionable calls for Nashville and against Vancouver! And it showed through the team's play.

I wish (our) fans would stop chanting "referees suck", because they are human. That is going to have a negative effect more often than not. Tonight, the Canucks got a quick couple extra minutes after the chants, twice.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Tocchet was calm and cool through the questionable calls for Nashville and against Vancouver! And it showed through the team's play.

I wish (our) fans would stop chanting "referees suck", because they are human. That is going to have a negative effect more often than not. Tonight, the Canucks got a quick couple extra minutes after the chants, twice.

Agreed, I feel like the more respect coaches treat reffs the better it is for your team as opposed to being someone who constantly flips out at them. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

She did it!🤩

The arena announcer really emphasized 'join' when introducing her. "Please JOIN ______ in singing Oh Canada". When he said that I had a feeling she would. I'm happy she did, it's a great tradition and our 'thing'. Everyone seems to have stolen the towel.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

I do too however he would never pull it off in the regular season. 
I believe they actually cut him some  slack in the playoffs due to the grief they give him during the season. 

Gotta take the slack and run. 

5 minutes ago, Steev said:

Is JT Miller’s postgame interview available anywhere right now? I searched and couldn’t find anything on the internet

Wait a few minutes, will show up shortly in this thread.

1 minute ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

That chant can be heard in any NHL arena on any given day though. It's not just us who are unhappy with NHL refs' incompetence.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, trek604 said:

Crowd raising the roof at gm place. Feels good to be back. 

That’s exactly why I had to track down someplace to watch game one on vacation , the crowd, I needed to see the crowd react after all these years , they did not disappoint 

weird watching Play offs from someplace other than home lol 

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I liked Playoff Myers.

lol, I was at the Waikiki zoo earlier today and was taking pics of the giraffes and said Meyers better not be a chaos giraffe in the Play offs , I liked Play off Meyers too 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

6 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

The arena announcer really emphasized 'join' when introducing her. "Please JOIN ______ in singing Oh Canada". When he said that I had a feeling she would. I'm happy she did, it's a great tradition and our 'thing'. Everyone seems to have stolen the towel.

Al Mourdoch has a great game too.