[PGT] PDO vs Preds - Game 1 (April 21, 2024)

MikeyD

21 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Just wanna say, the GWG started with Lindholm winning a faceoff clean against ROR, 10 seconds later the puck was in the back of the net.

BLB, Bring Lindholm Back!

I feel like that third line is going to be key for us in this series. O'Reilly is a good player, and that shot of his was a great shot. Demko saw it, and still couldn't stop it. Let's hope the powerplay comes to life, and Petey can get going. If he doesn't, I'm not sure if the team can go far. I think they only go as far as he takes them. Did JT have a point tonight?

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

@-dlc-

JT's almost pulled Bure's number down on that jump haha

Talk about caring, these guys are totally bought in & gunning for the cup. I love this team. 

You can just see how much these guys care. What a great team we have

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I feel like that third line is going to be key for us in this series. O'Reilly is a good player, and that shot of his was a great shot. Demko saw it, and still couldn't stop it. Let's hope the powerplay comes to life, and Petey can get going. If he doesn't, I'm not sure if the team can go far. I think they only go as far as he takes them. Did JT have a point tonight?

he got a secondary on the empty net goal. i love how the canucks battled back and played a great game defensively but at the same time i think they went out of their way a bit to hit people just for the sake of hitting ppl. we almost reached our season average in hits in the first period alone and almost doubled our season average and the other team. it's great we won the game but really it could have gone either way. as for EP i honestly rather put podz on their or even mikheyev than laffety.. there's simply not enough skills on that line and the other team just converge on EP everytime he gets the puck. looking forward to game 2 and hopefully they get their powerplay going against one of the league's worse PK on the road

2 hours ago, Steamer4GM said:

Petey will be just fine

Ppl wanted to skewer Joshua for coming into camp out of shape and look what patience and support from Tocchet et al got out of him

Ppl wanted to trash all over the Lindholm trade when he was struggling and then injured yet the team held strong and kept working with him to find his game and the best linemate combo

Ppl trash on Meyers all year long for some of the chaos his style of play created but the team found him D partners that balance him out and get the most out of him, knowing full well what he brings when it truly matters

Ppl trash Suter not fully grasping what he brings to whatever line he's on

I could go on

We, as fans, have absolutely NO IDEA what Petey might be dealing with. Maybe he has a best friend back home that's struggling with real life shit. Maybe he's having issues with some crazy person he was dating years ago. Maybe the idea of signing a huge contract when he's not fully on his game factors into things. It could be literally anything or a combination of half a dozen anythings

The thing is, we're not his coaches or his bosses or his team mates. We're just fans who enjoy it when he's on fire and need to show some loyalty in him and the rest of the organization when he's not.  They would not have signed him to a huge, multi-year contract if they thought he was a bust or was never gonna get his game back.

Have faith!!

Trust in the TEAM!!! (top to bottom)

Enjoy the Ride!!!

We are freaking Blessed!!!

Go Canucks GO!!!

Im starting to lose hope on Petey. This isn't just a one-off, its almost been like this for a month and a half now, even more. This was Petey's night. Win a few draws, chip the puck in and out, lose almost every board battle, getting knocked on his ass repeatedly. He's just slow getting to pucks and he's really hesitating like when the puck hits his stick, he doesn't know what to do with it. That play where he toe dragged it and missed his shot, he hesitated more than anything. Granted some of the guys were quiet like Boeser, but at least there was some fight, like he was beating guys to pucks and wasn't easily knocked off. There was some resemblance of effort. If Lindholm and Miller play like this, and if we can even get 70% of what EP40 can really do, this series is going to be over QUICK. Our defencemen played very well tonight

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

You guys saw tonight that in the playoffs, size matters. There were a few times tonight that some of our D-men got beat but were able to recover just because their huge. The Preds forwards are in for a rough series when they are repeatedly getting bashed by Soucy, Myers and Zadorov. Dan Milstein must be doing his best Jerry McGuire impression to Alvin "Show me the MONEY!!" Big Z was absolutely phenomenal tonight. Whatever we were expecting from Tryamkin, way back when, Zadorov is providing and then some. Give a large credit to the current management team that has a working brain unlike the previous idiot, they actually know how to add players that fit into the scheme. I was not expecting this kind of play from Zadorov, not just tonight, but since February. Well worth the picks we gave Calgary and I sure hope Alvin/Rutherford prioritizes the big man come summer

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

Who found this important players,will find another next year.

Haven't had much complaints about JR and PA, but the Bruce thing, crazy how much better they are, after how long of shitty hockey we had to go through

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

There was some goof in the "Ty Mueller signed" thread I was debating with that said playoff runs don't matter LOL . Just watching all those towels waving, THIS is what its all about. Playoffs is what brings this city to life. Sure I'd love to see us win the cup, hopefully we do, but even if we get a round or 2, Im just happy that theres hockey in spring. Its been a damn while, and you can tell from the players reaction, from Miller, Hughes, Boeser etc., this is what they've been waiting for

• MillerTime 2

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

I've lost hope that Petey will return to form like he was earlier this season.  Something just isn't right with him.

Yes something is not right with Petey, either confidence or injury.

Also a tough night for Petey in Game 1. Big target on his back. Not sure if you noticed but Hoggy had a pretty terrible game on that line. Our worst forward tonight imo. When you factor in Hoggy playing badly and then only having Lafferty to work with (who imo did a pretty good job at providing a physical presence on that line), I'm not sure what you expect from Petey. Hopefully Hoggy gets back to his usual self for Game 2 and provides something for Petey to work with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Have faith amigo.... He will come out on top...

Had a moment where he faked Sarros out in the slot to create the space then whiffed.    If that goal goes in different game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filthy animal said:

Im starting to lose hope on Petey. This isn't just a one-off, its almost been like this for a month and a half now, even more. This was Petey's night. Win a few draws, chip the puck in and out, lose almost every board battle, getting knocked on his ass repeatedly. He's just slow getting to pucks and he's really hesitating like when the puck hits his stick, he doesn't know what to do with it. That play where he toe dragged it and missed his shot, he hesitated more than anything. Granted some of the guys were quiet like Boeser, but at least there was some fight, like he was beating guys to pucks and wasn't easily knocked off. There was some resemblance of effort. If Lindholm and Miller play like this, and if we can even get 70% of what EP40 can really do, this series is going to be over QUICK. Our defencemen played very well tonight

Sorry to hear you’re losing hope. That must be really hard for you. Chin up. 

But who said this was ‘His night’? Did Petey say that? Coach RT? Some fans? Some media? Pretty sure it wasn’t Petey. 

Again,trust, patience and gratitude go a long way. He’ll be fine. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Sorry to hear you’re losing hope. That must be really hard for you. Chin up. 

But who said this was ‘His night’? Did Petey say that? Coach RT? Some fans? Some media? Pretty sure it wasn’t Petey. 

Again,trust, patience and gratitude go a long way. He’ll be fine. 

Besides you know damn well if the team traded him he's getting 100 points a season where ever he goes to.

• Cheers 1