[PGT] PDO vs Preds - Game 1 (April 21, 2024)

MikeyD

11 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

One of my favourite moments in the game was Myers punching (?) the Nashville player to the ice. Like "gtfoutta here, this game's ours". He was so engaged and THAT'S the Myers who does great things for us.  Beast mode was activated....by the entire team. They're likely sick of not being taken seriously. It's time to take them seriously.

Myers was a beast all night, he made a ton of really good defensive plays as well.

Looking at the rest of the series one thing seem clear, If Pettersson gets going it will be a short and fairly lopsided series as having him and Lindholm both going against the weaker matchups in the preds lineup will be too much for them to handle, If Pettersson doesn’t get going this is going to be a long tight series. 

Edited by CaribouCanuck
  • Cheers 2
  • MillerTime 1

23 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

IMG_3934.png.9d1d25c6dc79491befe1191e46fedb66.pngIMG_3935.png.9a5732b7759788a9a8c0b0771e0ac4e9.png

and to think NSH had 4 power plays, yet their “heat” map was ice cold in the high slot. What a fucking game. Was at game one and my voice was fucked before puck drop, I’m going to need a tracheotomy after game 2. Not a single player took a shift off all game. Everyone laid the body and wore Nashville right down. 
One key moment in the game was immediately after NSH scored the entire crowd picked VAN right back up and cheered so damn hard that goal didnt get in anyones head on the bench, on the ice or in that building. Great game!

It's a function of what having hulking defencemen and responsible forwards can do.  It's not easy to get into the inside on the Canucks.  Canucks just gotta remember to not over commit on defensive coverage.  Tocchet has done an amazing job coaching that into the team.  That's what they were working on really hard down the stretch.  It's also why Myers is so effective now.  He's not running around anymore.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Looking at the rest of the series one thing seem clear, If Pettersson gets going it will be a short and fairly lopsided series has having him and Lindholm both going against the weaker matchups in the preds lineup will be too much for them to handle, If Pettersson doesn’t get going this is going to be a long tight series. 

Being honest to myself, if Petey doesn't get going, we're not getting very far these playoffs.  We MIGHT be able to squeeze past Nashville because their offensive punch isn't as deep, but no way we get past teams like WPG, DAL, COL, etc without Petey playing like a $7M+ player.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mmkk said:

Canucks need more players like Zadorov, Joshua and Miller.

and Myers... and Soucy... and TBH, even guys like Boeser, Mikheyev, Cole, Blueger, Suter were all laying the body.  It was a team mentality. 

"'Try and hit them more than they hit us."

• Cheers 4

14 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I wonder how the refs will call the next game... If they tighten up on the on the line physical stuff, that hurts Nashville too. Going to be interesting.

It's been so long, I can't remember if a new trio would come in for the next game. I think so, not sure.

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Being honest to myself, if Petey doesn't get going, we're not getting very far these playoffs.  We MIGHT be able to squeeze past Nashville because their offensive punch isn't as deep, but no way we get past teams like WPG, DAL, COL, etc without Petey playing like a $7M+ player.

Petey needs to find that next gear for sure.

• Cheers 1

That's gotta be frustrating and exhausting for the Predators forwards who were getting smashed by Myers, Zadorov, and Soucy all game long. The Preds forwards try to hit them back, but those guys are so big and strong that they pretty much just stand them up/shrug off the hits. They skate their hardest trying to hit Hughes, but he is so quick and shifty out there that he's nearly impossible to get a clean hit on. I think Nashville is gonna start to lose it's cool in the coming games and begin using the lumber to try to exact their pound of flesh as a result.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

A little disheartening to hear Friedman say that he doesn't think the Canucks will be able to re-sign Lindholm today on his podcast. 

Really hope we can keep the guy, he makes our center position so deep and can take attention away from Miller and Petey. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

A little disheartening to hear Friedman say that he doesn't think the Canucks will be able to re-sign Lindholm today on his podcast. 

Really hope we can keep the guy, he makes our center position so deep and can take attention away from Miller and Petey. 

It will be tough, he's by far the best RHC on the free agent market and someone will throw Bo money at him.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, boziffous said:

That's gotta be frustrating and exhausting for the Predators forwards who were getting smashed by Myers, Zadorov, and Soucy all game long. The Preds forwards try to hit them back, but those guys are so big and strong that they pretty much just stand them up/shrug off the hits. They skate their hardest trying to hit Hughes, but he is so quick and shifty out there that he's nearly impossible to get a clean hit on. I think Nashville is gonna start to lose it's cool in the coming games and begin using the lumber to try to exact their pound of flesh as a result.

Make no mistake, PA/JR built this defence for the playoffs.  Anybody that plays this Canucks team will be beaten to a pulp by the end of the series.

• Cheers 3