[PGT] PDO vs Preds - Game 1 (April 21, 2024)

MikeyD

Awesome game 1. Thanks for this morning. The team was great and the crowd in Rogers Arena was awesome.

Woke up 4am to watch this game and was so pumped from start till the end.

Keep it going. This team with these fans can do it !!!

Edited by German Canuck
  • Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Nashville will come out stronger next game.  It's something that the Canucks will need to adapt to.  Meet Pressure with Pressure.

I love this RT quote. It will get us very far. Also the Stanley Cup puck checklist at the dressing room is a nice touch. We have set our goal and we will succeed. 

23 minutes ago, HKSR said:

It's a function of what having hulking defencemen and responsible forwards can do.  It's not easy to get into the inside on the Canucks.  Canucks just gotta remember to not over commit on defensive coverage.  Tocchet has done an amazing job coaching that into the team.  That's what they were working on really hard down the stretch.  It's also why Myers is so effective now.  He's not running around anymore.

This times a 1000! Big guys like that can't stop/start and such like smaller men. As such, need to play in a system of position more. When Myers played bad, it was because he was trying to play hap hazard Defense.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I hear you man… good post…

I hundred percent support Petey - Im not being a hater - i just want him to succeed… Because yeah he’s a force out there when he’s on… I’m sure he wants to be that force… He wants to be bringing his A game

He may be dealing with something that we are not privy to and often, we get the news when season ends and we find out that he is dealing with something that made sense as teams always announce that, not one moment too soon.  He is still producing points even if he wasn't playing well that we know he can all year long.   He always has been a team first throughout his career here, defending, hitting, making plays that we didn't see before.  Let's hope he doesn't require surgery if it's lingering injury.  I doubt that it is the case but we'll see   

19 minutes ago, HKSR said:

and Myers... and Soucy... and TBH, even guys like Boeser, Mikheyev, Cole, Blueger, Suter were all laying the body.  It was a team mentality. 

"'Try and hit them more than they hit us."

And not just hits, but heavy hits that true hurt and wear guys down. That's how the Canucks will be successful this year; play a fast physical game and wear the other teams down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Pred player even tried to jump to gain an advantage on the hit and still got wrecked 😂

And so @Roger Neilsons Towel, I would like to hear how you feel about your placement on the statue last night. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

And not just hits, but heavy hits that true hurt and wear guys down. That's how the Canucks will be successful this year; play a fast physical game and wear the other teams down.

So nice to be the ones hitting and not the ones getting hit.  This team reminds me a lot of the 94 Canucks.  Nobody is gonna intimidate this group.

• Cheers 2

Was getting a bad feeling with that stream of penalties in the second and early third there.  Seemed a lot like some of our second half losses where we lost our composure.  Then bang!  A goal goes in for us and the floodgates open.  Not just Joshua 12 seconds later but dominant play for the rest of the game.  The team was surfing the crowd's emotion from that point on.  A really special win that further seals the bond between this team and its fans.  This is going to be a helluva ride.

11 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

The building was fucking rocking tonight! Reminds me of 94!

Atmosphere was on another level

Worth every penny spent to be there last night

Unreal

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Earlier I posted that the Canucks should be stronger next game. While I still that is true I should have added that likely the Preds will be as well. They aren't push overs. They had enough looks that the score could have been in their favor. That said the Canucks win again on Tuesday.  

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Yeah honestly I think the reason why our goal scoring sort of dried up since the All-Star break is because Petey has fallen off offensively for whatever reason… And I think the power plays well has struggled

The coaches need to work with him the trainers the physiotherapists to try to get him back on track

My guess is he's in greater need of a psychotherapist, and that's not meant as a putdown. He's struggling with being the best he can be at his craft, and good counsel can help him get back what he had/who he was/who he can be.  He's not the 1st young man who's affected by fame and fortune. He may not be mature enough to make the most of it (yet).

Im trying to think of a better game Myers has played as a Canuck.  We might have seen his best game so far.  

Funny reading X/Twitter this morning - leaf fans lamenting about letting Dakota Joshua go (was a Toronto 5th round pick traded to St Louis).  He kid of represents everything that team is lacking right now lol.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Was just looking at the stats from last night, and we know we hit a LOT, but guess who the top hitters were for the Canucks?

1. Joshua - 6 hits (no surprise)

2. Zadorov - 5 hits (no surprise either)

3. _________ - 5 hits (see below)

4. Miller - 4 hits (no surprise)

Guess who #3 is?

..... Elias "Better than Kuzmenko" Lindholm!

• Cheers 3

10 hours ago, Chronic.Canuck said:

That kind of game will add up over a series. So glad he's ours!

Yep. Hopefully refs don't start going after him. 

But if he can keep playing Ike last night he's going to get a huge payday in the summer..

11 hours ago, 1-d said:

A goal to go with it too. I knew he'd come alive in the playoffs and he didn't disappoint.

He should get an assist for the Joshua goal.  He fore checked hard caused the turnover for Joshua's 3-2 goal. 

Great performance. 

11 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Myers too, i ride him but playoff myers was a beast tonight

Meyers and Zad were beasts. That physicality is going to have a huge affect on the Preds as the series goes on.