[PGT] PDO vs Preds - Game 1 (April 21, 2024)

MikeyD

1 hour ago, AmyTheGma said:

Ya I don’t think the playoffs should be where you play your first NHL game

Probably right, but there has been a few outliers. Brind’Amour, Makar…

Edited by Captkirk888
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Zadorov was excellent 

extend the man 

I think they will try, won't be easy, won't be cheap. On the flip side, you can tell he likes his team-mates and coaches. Our cap though. He'll need a raise.

We need to keep him. Tocchet adores the guy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Probably right, but there has been a few outliers. Brind’Amour, Makar…

There is definitely a potential  for a very high reward if it goes well.  He could be everything that Petey needs.  Maybe you risk it if you are up 3-0 or 3-1, or more likely if you are down 3-1 and have some injuries. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I think they will try, won't be easy, won't be cheap. On the flip side, you can tell he likes his team-mates and coaches. Our cap though. He'll need a raise.

I think he like Myers even more, dilemma who ? both ? return to Vancouver ?

After this season the biggest weakness is on defense.

1 hour ago, Hammertime said:

They have tried him with everyone though. The Lotto line is a terrible use of personnel. Only makes sense of we're down a goal late in the game. Realistically that Boeser Miller Suter line produces as much without Pete as with. Lindholm makes sense with Garland Dakota as they'll be line matching important fo's. That kinda just leaves Pete with Hog, Mik, Pod, Lafferty. On the plus side maybe gets Pete some weaker competition and Miller Lindholm will be playing all the hard matchups. 

I think Hoglander and Mikheyev should be the wingers for Petey. Mikheyev and Hoglander can chase the puck down and get the puck.

I'd like to see: 

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Pettersson - Mikheyev

Joshua - Lindholm - Garland

Podkolzin - Blueger - Lafferty

Then again not opposed to the same lineup from game 1, got the win end of the day.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

PA makes magic happen on the regular. He will work out next years D. Miraculous what he was able to do with us so tight to the cap 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

What I like about Petey though is that he is committed to playing within the team structure (not that he was a free wheeler) but in the past he might try to force more skilled plays.  Even though people think he is struggling I see a more evolved approach to his game that will continue to get better.

I agree. I think many people are missing the big picture. He put up 89 points amidst great concerns after 100 last year. He also helped the team to a 109 point finish. I think he's learning how to help NHL teams win. That's more important than a handful more points imo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

37 minutes ago, HKSR said:

48.5% CF

52.67% FF

Just got home to look. So 3rd in CF and 1st on G% with 6 gf and only 1 against. If anything I would say try Hoglander in Mik spot. Keep Lafferty for the crash bang stuff. 

4th line 

PDG/Pod Blueger Mikheyev

Mik might find himself in the press box if Pod "let's it swing". 

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Karlsson get some practice time with EP40 and see how he looks.

He's been playing well in Abby and has a little snarl to his game...which surprised me. Kinda like Hogz.

He goes to the dirty area's, scores and likes to mix it up.   

Karlsson has been one of the most effective pests in the ahl for two years now.  Im a big fan, but I don't know if he's got the skating ability to play in the NHL.  Everything else is there!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Watching these other series, defence and goaltending is so loose, the Canucks and Preds are already playing hard 3rd round playoff hockey. This bodes well for down the stretch. The West obviously have good defensive teams but we have to prove we can be one of the best ones. We gave up some rushes but minimised them, but watching the Avs game and now the mess in Toronto, we're better than most.

I think Dallas and maybe LA will pose the biggest defensive threats who could shut us down. Otherwise I think our 3 lines of offence will roll just about anyone else.

10 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Petey at least attempted a slap shot on the PP and that drag move to wrist shot was nice. He just missed the net which isn't going to score you many goals. But my takeaway was at least he is attempting them. He wasn't 3 weeks ago.

Fairly certain we’re going to hear in the summer Petey’s been dealing with a wrist issue most of the season. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, AmyTheGma said:

I had a really funny(to me anyways) moment that I thought I would share.

I had just been away for 18 days and I have this senior citizen parrot ironically named Handsome(missing a lot of his feathers and is 35 years old,  big buggy eyes)

He was very excited to see me and we always watch the Canucks games together and he really likes all the emotions that come during the games.  He goes to bed at 7pm every night in true old guy form.  I though he should be long asleep, but when the magical 12s segment happened I was so

excited that I was screaming and carrying on and then from the darkness of his bedroom I hear him doing his best excitement whistle which is the one that you would make when an attractive lady walks by.  He did about 4-5 of these and then went back to sleep.

It really capped off a great night for me!  Perfect first night back home!

That's cute

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

... and the most important consideration is, according to Big Zeke himself, "my wife loves Vancouver."

I would be shocked if Big Zeke, Dak and Lindholm aren't extended. Money and term of course but I believe PA / JR will get it done. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

6 hours ago, Canuck-Man said:

I thought this was hilarious. 😆

Wow I’m amazed that the majority of the people in that thread are cursing out the refs saying that they got screwed.  They got twice as many PPs as us lol

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

... and the most important consideration is, according to Big Zeke himself, "my wife loves Vancouver."

I would be shocked if Big Zeke, Dak and Lindholm aren't extended. Money and term of course but I believe PA / JR will get it done. 

That would be great but it doesn’t leave money for Hronek and Hughes needs a top notch partner as does Petey. 

29 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

That would be great but it doesn’t leave money for Hronek and Hughes needs a top notch partner as does Petey. 

There is about $27.2M available next season taking into account OEL's dead cap to:

1) Sign Dakota

2) Sign Big Zeke

3) Sign Lindholm

4) Sign a backup (DeSmith or more likely Silovs)

5) Sign Honker

6) Sign Chaos Giraffe

Tier 2 Choices (sign or not sign)

7) Blueger - probably

😎 Lafferty - most likely

9) Cole - probably not unless a lot less than $3M

I think $25M will do the above.

The wild card is Mik and his $4.75M cap hit. I think he will be moved but much will depend on what happens this playoffs and how the signings above go.

Just my 2 cents ... which doesn't mean much, 😆

EDIT: And yes, I agree with your assessment on needing to get a winger for Petey. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1