[PGT] PDO vs Preds - Game 1 (April 21, 2024)

MikeyD

I recall a comment about coaching/credit to Tocchet but don't want to go back to find it. Was tired/shutting down and didn't respond but my thoughts were that we have a great "team" of coaches and it takes a village to raise a good hockey team. I believe we have personnel in place to address most issues and really fine tune things. Gonchar, Foote, Clark, the Sedins, etc. 

Also...who the hell is the clown with Kyper on 650 in the morning. Justin Bourne is an idiot. Gave NO credit to the Canucks and talked about their horrible first period where they were outplayed and only registered 4 shots. So yeah...someone maybe checking the stats would think that but anyone with one eyeball who actually watched the game saw us taking it to the Preds. I mean 20 hits? They don't count as doing anything? We were 12/17 in the dot. YES, they only registered 4 sog but they also missed quite a few. This clown should NOT be covering our team...I don't care if he was born here or not. Was he? Who even is he? I hate him already. His slant was SO Preds and he even commented something to the effect of them basically gifting us this game. I shut it off and shook my head. Then banged it against a wall.

I will NOT tune in to that bonehead again. He should be fired...his take was hot garbage.

Did he go to the Ron McLean school of hockey observation?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I recall a comment about coaching/credit to Tocchet but don't want to go back to find it. Was tired/shutting down and didn't respond but my thoughts were that we have a great "team" of coaches and it takes a village to raise a good hockey team. I believe we have personnel in place to address most issues and really fine tune things. Gonchar, Foote, Clark, the Sedins, etc. 

Also...who the hell is the clown with Kyper on 650 in the morning. Justin Bourne is an idiot. Gave NO credit to the Canucks and talked about their horrible first period where they were outplayed and only registered 4 shots. So yeah...someone maybe checking the stats would think that but anyone with one eyeball who actually watched the game saw us taking it to the Preds. I mean 20 hits? They don't count as doing anything? We were 12/17 in the dot. YES, they only registered 4 sog but they also missed quite a few. This clown should NOT be covering our team...I don't care if he was born here or not. Was he? Who even is he? I hate him already. His slant was SO Preds and he even commented something to the effect of them basically gifting us this game. I shut it off and shook my head. Then banged it against a wall.

I will NOT tune in to that bonehead again. He should be fired...his take was hot garbage.

justin bourne is an american and a former player, but he's a toronto guy media-wise. the whole show is a toronto show. 

Edited by tas
  • Tank 1

Listen to Radio. 

You’ll learn more about Hockey. 

Find out the AM feeds about ‘our’ opponents. 

Learn.

The more you learn about your hockey enemies, the more you realize that they’re you. 

• Haha 2
  • MillerTime 1

5 minutes ago, tas said:

justin bourne is an american and a former player, but he's a toronto guy media-wise. the whole show is a toronto show. 

He's a dumbass. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

He's a dumbass. 

no argument there, but as a rule, I'm not listening to anything featuring nick kypreos in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, tas said:

no argument there, but as a rule, I'm not listening to anything featuring nick kypreos in the first place. 

Well, thing is...I'm driving in to work and put 650 on because I wanted the party to continue. I wanted to hear stuff about my team's awesome win.

Nope.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Wow I’m amazed that the majority of the people in that thread are cursing out the refs saying that they got screwed.  They got twice as many PPs as us lol

At your prompt, I went there too. They sound just like us, complaining about the refs, pumping up their favourite players etc. lol.

We are all fans.

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Well, thing is...I'm driving in to work and put 650 on because I wanted the party to continue. I wanted to hear stuff about my team's awesome win.

Nope.

kes and juice should bring back their podcast to fill the airwaves in vancouver. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

So true. We're a little spoiled here and have really had some great calls. Even Al Murdoch is the best of the best. 

I hear other games and my ears bleed or I fall asleep. So glad we have the crew(s) we do.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

What are the chances the Canucks can bring up Lekkerimaki for the playoffs?  I find it hard to believe he would be less productive than Lafferty or PDG.  Petey's confidence is withering on the vine, he needs some talent to play with and his line isn't getting him the puck.  Lekkerimaki would give Petey an injection of confidence in his veins.  Petey is playing indecisive and with not much confidence, but it would help if he was playing with top 6 talent. 

Lekkerimaki is back in Sweden

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Karlsson has been one of the most effective pests in the ahl for two years now.  Im a big fan, but I don't know if he's got the skating ability to play in the NHL.  Everything else is there!

I've always seen him as a bit more Granlund than Hansen. I would love to see more thorn than rose from Karlsson. 

My thoughts with Podz is the coach kept him out because Podz lets pressure get into his head and he didn’t want to let the game one pressure cause him added stress. He will get his shot and will shine. But the coach was smart to keep him out. If he plays and makes a mistake with the pressure of a game like last night he might be off his game for the next while. Let the vets push the pace and get some of the jitters out and then Podz can come in and play his game with a little less pressure. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I bet we could win the cup, and there’d still be a lot of Toronto media guys who did not watch a single game and still say the Canucks got lucky or something like that.  It is pretty infuriating that ‘experts’ who are paid a lot of money cannot be bothered to watch every playoff game.  I’m a casual fan, yet I tune into almost every playoff game.  The excuse that it’s too late when it’s literally your job is an absolute joke.  That’s why I always say fuck them and fuck Toronto and their excuse for a hockey team

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Karma-Kazi44 said:

My thoughts with Podz is the coach kept him out because Podz lets pressure get into his head and he didn’t want to let the game one pressure cause him added stress. He will get his shot and will shine. But the coach was smart to keep him out. If he plays and makes a mistake with the pressure of a game like last night he might be off his game for the next while. Let the vets push the pace and get some of the jitters out and then Podz can come in and play his game with a little less pressure. 

I agree when you put it that way. But now that game 1 is behind us and we have the series lead, i am into swapping him and diguiseppe after his two penalties.

• Like 1

image.png.7a7df8b9e92b1b0b600df3d52f59b3b0.png

WOW, the Coilers are kicking the crap out of the LA Queens. Assuming LA doesn't right the ship and our Boyz elevate their play even more over yesterday, should be a great R2 series Canucks vs Coilers. 

Come on LA, make a series out of it and take it to 7 games with at least 3 long OT's along the way.

Edited by Rocket-68