Tkachuk for Pettersson (Proposal)

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, DixonWard said:

You completely missed my point.  I am saying that after game 1 of the playoffs, a win, is not the time to be undercutting your own team and talking about trades.  It seems like you only like the business of hockey and not the game itself.  Nothing can be done at that point so why not just enjoy the games and talk trades when it is over.

No.  It's 100% Canucks.  Avoid GDT like the plague once the game starts.   

The point is which I think you're missing still, is Brady is also a top tier player.   And it wouldn't be so bad to consider it.    Why the heck wouldn't we really after this playoffs?   And the cap difference.     And the  cap space.   I hated his Dad while in WNP too.    Dixon Ward, remember that well too, best plus minus on the 92-93 team (with Murzyn) and held it for a very long time; hank right? I remember Dixon Ward playing.   

We could do worse than a 6'3"  Claude Lemieux.   Right?   Don't think it's a ridiculous proposition.  At all. 

And fuck that, I enjoy the memory of hockey (history)  way more than the business part.   I hate the cap era.   Way better with blinders. 

Edited by IBatch

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ottawa would have to add a lot. 

I just can't get over the idea of Brady-Miller-Boes. WCE 2.0 in some ways. They'd dominate so many regular season games.

But after that, if Lindy walks and no Petey we got nothing for C depth. 

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/24/2024 at 5:55 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Didn’t Petey turn Kuzmenko into a 39 goal scorer?  I never said Hyman would be a 60 goal scorer without MacDavid. However, none of Petey’s current wingers would be a 57 goal scorer with McDavid either. I don’t think Suter or Lafferty could even hit 30 goals with McDavid never mind 60. 

Also, Boeser was basically a 30 goal scorer right out of college. He didn’t need Miller to score goals. 

Hyman was TO's wet dream.   They couldn't afford to keep him, was a player I also wanted to take a run at.     The other guys weren't at the same level.   It's why he got the big bucks and the term - what do Suter and Lafferty make again?     EDM is laughing now.   It's his play away from the puck that made him TO's glue guy (3 years in a row scoring at a 25-30 goal pace over 82 games didn't hurt either, it's not like their top six wasn't loaded too, showing he could keep up with elite talent).  TO fans loved him,  as did(does still) the media. 

This year could easily be a career year and not some new level of player.   31.   Peak prime territory 28-32.  

Also doubt Suter and Lafferty could keep up, they don't have the same hands.   Maybe Mikheyev would have scored 3 goals instead of zero, McDavid bouncing a few off his skate.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1