Buffalo hires Ruff

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

image.thumb.png.ea58f587884ae98c78e20bd6e472eab5.png

Maybe, but one could argue that Ruff is the most qualified head coach they've hired since they had Ruff

Wait a minute.. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

If they are going back to the past; what is Ted Nolan doing these days?

also -why sign a guy now, when there might be other coaches available in a week or 2?

Taking your choice out of 5 coaches, when you could wait a bit and have 10 to choose from.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

If they are going back to the past; what is Ted Nolan doing these days?

You forget, the Sabres already tried that after Pegula bought the Sabres and they fired him when he started telling his players to perform because other teams were watching and may pick them up.  He and the GM at the time didn't get along.

also -why sign a guy now, when there might be other coaches available in a week or 2?

Taking your choice out of 5 coaches, when you could wait a bit and have 10 to choose from.

Because nobody else with options would want the job.

• Cheers 1

That was a very quick decision. I think Ruff might be a good hire, and obviously he's very familiar with the organization, but I'm surprised they didn't at least interview a few other candidates first to make sure Ruff was the best option.

5 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I just realized something.  Ever since the Sabres have existed, a decade has yet to pass where Lindy Ruff hasn't collected a paycheque from them as either a player or a coach.

image.jpeg.a741b8617803321737d3af4a4a98d5ed.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1