Buffalo hires Ruff

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Will Ruff have enough say to have core guys who don’t play the right way to have the GM move those players out? If not, then not much will change. 

He needs to decide who his core will be before he starts to bench anybody.

Also, Ruff has the ear of the owner.  The owner used to be a Sabres season ticket holding fan who watched and was a fan of Ruff when both were younger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He needs to decide who his core will be before he starts to bench anybody.

Also, Ruff has the ear of the owner.  The owner used to be a Sabres season ticket holding fan who watched and was a fan of Ruff when both were younger.

Was it Tuch who said the guys needed to make the sacrifices that winning hockey requires, or something close to that? Winning is fun but playing winning hockey is not fun for some players. We had a guy like that here in Kuzmenko. There are always guys like that. The Sabres must have some guys like that for Tuch (?) to openly speak up. 

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Was it Tuch who said the guys needed to make the sacrifices that winning hockey requires, or something close to that? Winning is fun but playing winning hockey is not fun for some players. We had a guy like that here in Kuzmenko. There are always guys like that. The Sabres must have some guys like that for Tuch (?) to openly speak up. 

Eichel talked about it when he was here in Buffalo as did both Tuch and Tage Thompson did this year. 

As for Kuzmenko, it was unfortunate that he rested on his 22-23 laurels and coasted through the season up until his trade.   He got his arse back in gear with the Flamers though.  The trade gave him a needed wakeup call.

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Eichel talked about it when he was here in Buffalo as did both Tuch and Tage Thompson did this year. 

As for Kuzmenko, it was unfortunate that he rested on his 22-23 laurels and coasted through the season up until his trade.   He got his arse back in gear with the Flamers though.  The trade gave him a needed wakeup call.

Who is the Sabres’ Kuzmenko: a guy who chases scoring ahead of winning? 

38 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I hope zach benson ends up somewhere else.

Try something different. 

Not gonna happen.  He's showing a lot of serious promise. 

I'll be honest though.  While watching him play this year, I thought more than once that he would be a great fit in the Canucks' system.  Unfortunately, because of his size, he would likely get shut down in playoff hockey until he has more experience.

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Not gonna happen.  He's showing a lot of serious promise. 

I'll be honest though.  While watching him play this year, I thought more than once that he would be a great fit in the Canucks' system.  Unfortunately, because of his size, he would likely get shut down in playoff hockey until he has more experience.

I went to the caps-sabers game, he looked like the only elite one there (tag was out). Hell of a goal he scored.

The buffalo teams all deserve glory, cruel cosmic fate

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I went to the caps-sabers game, he looked like the only elite one there (tag was out). Hell of a goal he scored.

The Sabres really do have a lot of talent.  Problem is, Granato didn't hold them accountable.  That's why they liked Granato more than their relationship with the team's fans.

Benson was very personally motivated and had a lot to play for.  His junior team is a sh*tshow and he most definitely didn't want to get sent back to them.

• Like 1