[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

hope we jump on them early and get the crowd blowing the roof off right away. i love the hitting but don't go out of the way to hit and get some shots on nice and early to test the goalie.. stay out of the penalty box and for the love of god play faster on the pp

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, tas said:

hopefully they go with the same lineup, keep those subtle changes in the bag for when they need to mix things up after a loss. 

I was hoping Podz would get in sooner than later to give him time to get confident and start asserting himself. 

That might be harder to do when the opposition has played multiple playoff games already and playing at a much higher level. 

I think the sooner he gets in the better. 

He is a better player than PDG 

Would be nice to get a quick goal and let them settle down and into their game early.

Hoping the fans continue to stay loud like they did in the first game. Clearly it gave the players an extra boost.

Thinking Canucks take this one too and we go into Nashville up 2-0

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I was hoping Podz would get in sooner than later to give him time to get confident and start asserting himself. 

That might be harder to do when the opposition has played multiple playoff games already and playing at a much higher level. 

changing a winning a lineup is a surefire way to start questioning yourself if you then lose. 

keep podkolzin as a spark to insert when the team needs it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

For sure.  Get him in while they're still at home, have the last change and control the matchup. 

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, tas said:

changing a winning a lineup is a surefire way to start questioning yourself if you then lose. 

keep podkolzin as a spark to insert when the team needs it. 

Yeah that's true. If they put in Podz and lose, it might cause undue pressure. At the same time I honestly don't know how Podz wouldn't be an upgrade on PDG. Like shouldn't we be icing the best roster? 

If Demko was still injured and we won with Desmith first game but Demko was now healthy, wouldn't we put him in? Even at the risk of him coming in cold without game experience? 

Edited by CanucksJay

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I wonder if it comes down to the old "don't mess with a winning lineup". I could see Tochett going with that. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I wonder if it comes down to the old "don't mess with a winning lineup". I could see Tochett going with that. 

Similar to how Boston switched goalies after winning game one only to lose game two? Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

Right now it should be Mik, PDG needs to be in the pressbox and Pods on the 4th line. I'd love to see what Petey, Hogs and Pods looks like, but not with the added pressure of the playoffs. That should be a training camp experiment. 

Would love to see that line next year.  I'm expecting Podz to be next years Hogs (breakout player), and Hogs to take another step upwards.

• Upvote 1

Need to play better than game 1.  

Guys were a bit nervous early on.  Lot of passes weren't clean, botched or missed shots.  

They settled down later on.  

Top 2 lines need to step up on the score sheet. 

PP can be better.  

Edited by Jaimito