[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

44 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I'll never understand the hate Kes got. He had complete control on where he wanted to go and he used it. He gave us his best years by far and destroyed his body for this team.

Kes and Burr will always have a soft spot in my heart. The year they came up they were hitting and dropping the mitts on a regular basis. The Canucks were a bunch of pansies who would not stand up for one another. They had a lot to do with changing that. Your right that Kes laid it on the line and paid a physical price. The fact that he wanted to go to a contender to finish his career doesn't bother me. I wish he had thrown a couple of names out so the team might have got a bidding war going. 

There is talk of a Ring of Honour which should be considered. I am not sold on it because there are a lot of Canucks down thru the years that could qualilify who are not up there.  

• Cheers 3

I disliked Kesler up until earlier in the year when he did an interview. He came across as genuine and it really appears he wants to be liked by Canucks fans. His heart is still with this team. Back then his decision to leave was business, but if it wasn't for him, the Canucks wouldn't have made it back to the SCF. 

RoH right next to Burr

• Cheers 4

God i luv playoff hockey...im so stoked for every home game....looks like were gonna face coilers if we win this series...which i think we do...might even do it in 4 straight but to win 2 away will b difficult. we are the better team...we will win tonight...i can feel it......

LFG!!! GCG:::GCG!!!! 

Going Crazy GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Exactly this! Wasn't the real team. 

It's fine... I like that other teams around the league think the Canucks were fading at the end of the season.  Now that we're actually healthy again, like we were earlier in the season, we can go and tear the opposition apart.

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Kes ... that's so wishy washy. :picard:

“Which, I lied to them because I was told by upper management and the PR people to not say that I wanted a trade… Someone leaked it, then I had media asking about it and I was like, no.

------

Once Jim Benning was hired, Kesler cut his list down to two teams.

“I was like, ‘Jim, I asked to get dealt last year, Kesler said in a 2021 interview. “It put me in a really bad spot the rest of the year, everybody knew I wanted out. My teammates, everyone.

“It’s not your fault, but two teams now.”

Whatever, he screwed us with that 2 team bs.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

hope it's nothing 

That would not be good... if Demko isn't 100%, we're probably in for a very difficult battle the rest of the way.