[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

Just now, me,myself,I said:

He says, licking his chops?

Losing A player is one thing...losing your starting goalie is another. Not quite the same.

We know what this team's made of even if you don't.

What the hell are you talking about?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Screw said:

Guys don’t be a bunch of 🐈.

Canucks take the series and DeSmith is enshrined in Canucks lore.

Demko back for round 2.

The next Danny Sabourin!

• Vintage 1

Well this puts a damper on things, if they focus on limiting shots against and Desmith settles down (his biggest problem is he gets over aggressive and takes himself out of the net) they should still be able to win this series. Don’t forget Silovs single-handedly won his country a bronze last year in the world championship, Desmith has to be on a short leash if he gets jumpy he’s gotta come out and give silovs the net

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Preds can't beat the Nux this yr. 

Not going to change tonight.  Casey beat them already. 

I guess we need to get behind DeSmith and hope Jim Benning’s vision of winning a playoff round is realized. 

What in the hell is with all these Negative Nancy posts ?

Canucks are an awesome team, they play very good defensively and have a lot of dangerous weapons that can produce offense. Why is a large majority here sounding like the Canucks just lost the series, laughable responses to be honest.

Vancouver is up 1-0 over Nashville, unfortunate and disappointing that Demko is out but the team will be just fine with DeSmith in net and Silovs backing up, hell even vic versa.

Have faith and watch the Canucks take a 2-0 series lead tonight. The goaltender is one of 19 skaters on the ice in a game, Canucks got this, loving Playoff hockey!!!!!

Here's what it's like at a Vancouver Canucks' playoff game - Vancouver Is  Awesome 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, rychicken said:

I blame the guy who climbed the Roger Neilson statue on Sunday to hang a new white towel.... bad karma

There's always gotta be that one fuckin' attention whore..Probably not even a fan.

Would be a good time for top 6 to find their offensive game as a unit. 

3rd line has been consistent but if the entire top 6 is rolling as well then we would just overwhelm the Preds like we have done to teams earlier this season.

• Like 1

Obviously disappointed.

But since I've seen the team without Demko long term, I also saw what the team was able shore up in terms of defense.  

Need to be tight on PK.   Casey is smaller and doesn't cover the net as well. 

Theres a list of teams who have won the cup or gone deep with weak goaltending and if Vancouver can do this IMG_3935.png.1ee62d9d2506643c4e96f8279c355f67.pnggame in and game out, we can win with any fuckin goalie in net. We limited high danger chances and made Demko’s job as easy as possible. Meanwhile Saros had to deal with a higher amount of pressure to perform.

13 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Not this yr.  

And Nux scored on him all the time. That Lindy goal was soft, as an example. 

He can be a vezina goalie all he wants in the past we lit his ass up early in the year hes undersized and way to active coughs up rebounds we need traffic and lots of shots im confident we blow them out tonight

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

Well this puts a damper on things, if they focus on limiting shots against and Desmith settles down (his biggest problem is he gets over aggressive and takes himself out of the net) they should still be able to win this series. Don’t forget Silovs single-handedly won his country a bronze last year in the world championship, Desmith has to be on a short leash if he gets jumpy he’s gotta come out and give silovs the net

I'm not as worried about DeSmith being over aggressive as I am worried that our D-men will over compensate. 

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

What in the hell is with all these Negative Nancy posts ?

Canucks are an awesome team, they play very good defensively and have a lot of dangerous weapons that can produce offense. Why is a large majority here sounding like the Canucks just lost the series, laughable responses to be honest.

Vancouver is up 1-0 over Nashville, unfortunate and disappointing that Demko is out but the team will be just fine with DeSmith in net and Silovs backing up, hell even vic versa.

Have faith and watch the Canucks take a 2-0 series lead tonight. The goaltender is one of 19 skaters on the ice in a game, Canucks got this, loving Playoff hockey!!!!!

Here's what it's like at a Vancouver Canucks' playoff game - Vancouver Is  Awesome 

image.gif.4eac1ca0534c5b08254c86de2021524e.gif

• Haha 2

The team will rise to adversity. 
Might have a benefit in them stepping up the defensive game . 

Get the first goal, which they are more than capable of doing, and lock it down for a low scoring game. 

If there was ever a time to believe it is now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

This right here is called Canucks luck.  We need an exorcist or something.

Can't agree more, you nailed it.

But I do believe the team is able to overcome this injury.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I trust silovs, long term, more than DeSmith........silovs is a starter

The only hope we have is DeSmith gets Shelled, Silvos goes in and becomes that annual goalie out of nowhere that plays out of his mind. Kinda like Demko did in the bubble. 

• Confused 1