[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

Does anyone else think this is why Silovs was called up? Did he tweak something before the first playoff game? With our farm team being so close didn't see the point myself. Sucks big time. Let hope the boys play fucking hard as fuck and we can win 3 more games here. I have faith but not as much and someone who said Desmith can get us through a round or two! That's crazy he literally just proved he can't be the guy. The Canucks are going to have to out work Nashville each game if they wanna win, can't count on Desmith stealing a game. But there's always hope. 

• Wiener 1

8 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

That’s what I am saying… it looks like Schmautz but he was in Boston in 75. So it can’t be a photo of that actual playoff game. They have just used a file photo of a Canucks/Montreal game from that era. They aren’t thinking us old farts on CFF will notice the discrepancy.

Google says it's rick blight #8

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Out of all those, I'd say our best realistic hope is for something like Ward to happen.  He was pretty mediocre in the regular season, but turned it on in the playoffs.

Binnington was already playing lights out in the regular season and carried on through to the playoffs.  Same could be said about Emery.  Maybe not lights out, but he certainly was having a very good year.

The other guys had extremely strong rosters in front of them.  PIT, VGK, CHI, COL, DET... these were all powerhouses in terms of forward and defensive depth.  Not sure I'd put this Canucks roster at the same level as those teams.

Like you said earlier, it all comes down to belief. 😉

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Does anyone else think this is why Silovs was called up? Did he tweak something before the first playoff game? With our farm team being so close didn't see the point myself. Sucks big time. Let hope the boys play fucking hard as fuck and we can win 3 more games here. I have faith but not as much and someone who said Desmith can get us through a round or two! That's crazy he literally just proved he can't be the guy. The Canucks are going to have to out work Nashville each game if they wanna win, can't count on Desmith stealing a game. But there's always hope. 

DeSmith is definitely capable of stealing a game or two. As long as they don't rely on the goalie to steal every game, they should be good for at least the short-term.

Key here is to keep the puck in the opposing team's zone.

Not to be over-confident... take Nashville seriously.

2nd key is to get Pettersson scoring... which means PUT A PLAYMAKER WITH HIM.

Not plugs like Lafferty... he should have Lindholm on his line... put Blueger back on the third line.  Third line works fine with Blueger.

55 minutes ago, HKSR said:

We need to be able to score too... 22nd in OZ possession time likely means we'd be one of the lowest, if not the lowest amongst all playoff teams.  When did we become the 2003 Minnesota Wild?  We also don't have a lethal PP that can score timely goals either.  

As long as we win, I am for any style - even the 2003 Minnesota Wild Lemaire trap hockey -  Just win.

justwin.jpg

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Maybe tonight is also mik night

he man is ready

He scores on Saros every yr. 

Needs to play with EP I think.  

Casey played well last game.  Must win game vs Oils for the division.  I think they are fine. The bigger issue is skaters getting it together in the first and avoid penalites.  

• Like 1