[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

2 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Well I guess the good news is that he didn't re-aggravate the previous injury.

The obvious bad news is that it's a new injury, and who knows if he'll ever be 100% healthy by the end of the series if we win. 

Hard to say. Maybe the previous injury had him compensating elsewhere, and that over compensation caused a "new", "unrelated" injury. 

My guess is a groin pull, after that amazing split save on Beauvillier early in the game. Hope it's nothing, of course. 

And it doesn't matter what DeSmith's record is against the Oilers. The Canucks are playing the Preds.

One game at a time. The stars need to step up on the scoresheet. (Petey, Boeser, Miller, Hughes)  Joshua-Lindholm-Garland can't do it all. 

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I know I’m kind of a downer most of the time so I’m going to spread some positivity here to lift everyone’s spirits.

At least we can’t be swept. 

Preds can't beat the Nux this yr. 

Not going to change tonight.  Casey beat them already. 

• Cheers 1

This is where you hope the top players show up and score some important goals. We definitely need Pettersson to show us who he can be and play a key factor in this series 

5 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

Every cup Jim Rutherford won in his career involve some kind of goalie injuries or unexpected run from back-up goalies:

2006: Cam Ward

2016: Matt Murray

2017: Marc-Andre Fleury + Matt Murray

Maybe just maybe...

Jeremy Renner Endgame GIF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I don't think he was overplayed. The target talk was 55-60. He was on target and norm.

That's great. My bigger concern is him not listening to his body. Him sitting a few games initially might have saved having him out for weeks. Might have also saved this "new" injury.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

With Demko's injury history, not sure he can ever play a full season in the NHL.  Not sure I'd want to give him an 8.5x8 contract extension.  Luckily, we still have two more years to figure it out...

Yepp, Almost starting to sound like damaged goods now.

• Huggy Bear 1

Ah, Desmith gets beaten up high a lot, he’s short. As seen from last game Preds can snipe and even beat Demko cleanly. 

If anything this is when Petey needs to step the f up. Going to be hard to win without your star goalie and your highest paid “superstar” is playing like a third liner. 

If DeSmith can play like he does against Edmonton we should be okay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I don't think he was overplayed. The target talk was 55-60. He was on target and norm.

Demko isn't a 60 game guy.  He's only done it once his entire career.  He would benefit from the Boston model, whereby we have a legit starter as a backup.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Pickly said:

This is where you hope the top players show up and score some important goals. We definitely need Pettersson to show us who he can be and play a key factor in this series 

They're going to have to step up if they want to win. No more excuses. This is how greatness emerges. We've seen it before.

We're not done but, yeah, our starts need to get it done.

I like DeSmith but lets just surmise that there may be one more goal against per game on average, we have to counter that deficit

Which is where Petey could come in.  If Petey elevates his game to pot those goals to make up for goals that Demmer would have saved the other way, we are good.

I want to remain positive but the Demko news is such a Canucks thing to happen. I wasn't expecting them to win it all this year but I was hoping for at least winning a round. Without Demko it makes that just a little bit harder. Now I am concerned for his future health. Will he ever be 100% healthy or will he always be struggling with injuries? Is Silovs the answer in 2-3 years? Someone else?

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Demko isn't a 60 game guy.  He's only done it once his entire career.  He would benefit from the Boston model, whereby we have a legit starter as a backup.  

They were targeting 55-60 for him at the start of the season.

12 minutes ago, 24K said:

Think Preds takes this in 6 now. We can probably squeeze by in 7 if nothing else goes wrong. 

God damn.  Nut the fuck up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tas said:

good god, come back from the ledge captain melodrama. 

The funny thing about this is my comment is probably what your inner dialogue sounds like and your rebuttal is likely a projection of how you actually feel right now. 
it’s ok, we are all in this together.