[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

Just now, not73percent said:

Are we talking like a month ago? Because it's been an issue since the all-star break. 

I think they tried Garland out there which does help a bit but our shooters just aren't getting it done. Wonder if we need Joshua to plant himself in front of the net.

I'd quite like two defencemen up top and a big bum in the crease. Hughes and Hronek, feed Hronek's hard one-timer which we completely don't use at all and put two guys in front of the net including Joshua. 

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Imagine we had saros in net.  Desmith could only imagine making 1 of the 5 glorious saves saros has made this game

Get outta here, you're on the wrong fan board!

2 minutes ago, Dude said:

Jesus.Where in the hell is Hoglander.I'll be absolutely honest, I had to look at the game day summary to know he is even playing.Brock is barely noticable either.

He’s getting manhandled by the big d-men of Nashville and he also has to play with Pettersson who kill any line he is on.

First of all, PP needs an overhaul for next season.  That is no simple other explanation that it hasn't work for a long time.  May need a new PP coach for sure.  New set-up for next season as well.  This setup is simply not working at all and no desperation and urgency on their PP game.  They may run with this unit for the duration of playoffs but this is not working at all with no consistent.  Hope that they would figure out this biggest issue.   Looking for tic-tac-toe play doesn't cut it.  Other team mix it up well.

2 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

Petey wastes so much fucking time on the pp. 

Did you guys see Boeser shake his head after Petey grabbed a different stick at the bench after his giveaway that led to a goal. Wonder if the rest of the team is probably starting to get fed up with Pettersson. 

At that moment I Saif out loud what Brock was thinking, "it ain't the stick there, bud"

Can't blame Tocchet too much for this game, we've done a good job but just haven't shot it enough and have had some bad luck. The one bad coaching move I'd say he did was have Juulsen and Soucy out there against Forsberg after a TV time out, defensive zone faceoff.

Just now, HKSR said:

Clearly the PP isn't looking like it's gonna dramatically improve for these playoffs.

Same 'ol looking PP as the last 6 years.  All high perimiter circling around & around waiting for the perfect shot - then they miss the net with their high flex uncontrollable sticks on their one and only predictable "one timer" and watch the puck ring around the back boards out of the zone.     Seen it a thousand times and have visions of it in my sleep.

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

Can't blame Tocchet too much for this game, we've done a good job but just haven't shot it enough and have had some bad luck. The one bad coaching move I'd say he did was have Juulsen and Soucy out there against Forsberg after a TV time out, defensive zone faceoff.

I don't know if I blame either Juulsen or Soucy for that Forsberg goal. Two Nashville players on Juulsen, puck takes a bounce, and Forsberg undresses DeSmith. It's not like either defender just handed them the puck. I dunno. Maybe I am bias cause I like Juulsen.

I think surely DeSmith and PDG out next game, bring Podkolzin and Silovs in. Desperate move bringing in some AHLers but we need some sort of shake-up. Up front I'd go with this:

Petey - Miller - Boeser

Garland - Blueger - Joshua

Hoglander - Lindholm - Suter

Podkolzin - Aman - Mikheyev

Hopefully Myers is back because he was IMO our best defenceman in game 1 and Juulsen cost us 2 penalties and 1 bad goal against.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think they tried Garland out there which does help a bit but our shooters just aren't getting it done. Wonder if we need Joshua to plant himself in front of the net.

I'd quite like two defencemen up top and a big bum in the crease. Hughes and Hronek, feed Hronek's hard one-timer which we completely don't use at all and put two guys in front of the net including Joshua. 

Switch Petey and miller around? Small adjustment I know but if we're going to be dead set on shooting from the right circle can't let the worst guy in the playoffs just own that's spot.