[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

Can't be too hard on the guys, Boys came in to the rink not knowing their starter wasn't playing, DeSmith prolly didn't know he was starting this morning..Juuls prolly didn't know he was in and Giraffe prolly didn't wake up thinking he won't play..lots of adjustments and still only down 2..Believe friends! They're adjusting on the fly.

• Like 1

Just now, snowman955 said:

Something is missing in the chemistry. Even Garland seems off. I would think he would thrive in this.

Having Demko out might be causing the entire group to be feeling less confident and like they can’t risk taking the initiative as much. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hes being wasted as a distributor up top.  

In other words, let our elite talent be creative.  Tocchet has them locked into their positions being defensively responsible on a PP.

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hes being wasted as a distributor up top.  

Agreed. He’s a great distributor but that’s not his best asset. I want to see the team utilize his best weapon which is his skating. Let Hronek man the point but don’t let the PP go through getting it back to the point and waiting for the one two cross ice one timer. When’s the last time they looked for a back door play? Never. That’s where superior PP’s succeed. 

Edited by Pickly

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Kuz might not have been the answer, but in that case, when they traded for Lindholm, why didn't they put Lindholm with Pettersson?

They played together in international play and were on fire.

But Tocchet plays Lindholm with anyone but Pettersson.

I said it before... like all good offensive players, Pettersson needs someone who he can pass with...  Hoglander is not a passer, neither is Mikheyev... Lafferty is a 4th liner.

Lindholm is wasted on the 3rd line.

This team is going NOWHERE without the Pettersson line scoring.

He had 3 games originally when he came over and the line was brutal. Lindholm didn't have any success until placed on the 3rd line. Prolly why he's stuck there now.

Probably weren't minding it last game I'm guessing.

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

We're the better team. Just keep playing the system and the goals will come. DeSmith will settle in, Petey will pop one in and be back, and Big Z will keep smashing faces into the glass. Lfg!

Hey they could come back to tie it and win it. The problem is that we still have DeSmith in net. I just don’t have a lot of confidence in him.

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

Can't be too hard on the guys, Boys came in to the rink not knowing their starter wasn't playing, DeSmith prolly didn't know he was starting this morning..Juuls prolly didn't know he was in and Giraffe prolly didn't wake up thinking he won't play..lots of adjustments and still only down 2..Believe friends! They're adjusting on the fly.

It's going to be a long series.  

Just now, CaribouCanuck said:

Having Demko out might be causing the entire group to be feeling less confident and like they can’t risk taking the initiative as much. 

That's what I've been saying all day.  It's not a knock on DeSmith.  It's just a mental thing.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Not sure why Petey is getting raked over the coals, but Miler, who has been awful in this one, gets a pass

Miller hasn’t sucked for 2 months though. 

• Cheers 1

Not sure why Petey is getting raked over the coals, but Miler, who has been awful in this one, gets a pass

Miller off this game but has been a beast all the games before. Pettersson has been off for months. 

• Cheers 1

I absolutely want Filip Forsberg to wax that stache into a handlebar that my old Sgt Major would envy. 

Also, my apologies to all here. I own his rights in the GFL fantasy keeper league here on the Canucks Fan Forums. We didn't mean to score. 

If you have any interest in fantasy hockey keeper leagues here on these forums, there are several great leagues and all of them have at least one opening. 😀 ask me how. I will set you up with a league commissioner and you can slide right in.

Draft, sign, trade and manage your roster like a pro. Beat the best to be the best. CFF Fantasy Hockey. It's in the game.

QH hasn't been good for his ability too.

Everyone needs to play 10% better. 

Just now, MikeyD said:

He had 3 games originally when he came over and the line was brutal. Lindholm didn't have any success until placed on the 3rd line. Prolly why he's stuck there now.

Probably weren't minding it last game I'm guessing.

No, Lindholm had two games.... how is that a sample?

And he scored two goals on the PP in the first game.

No but hes just been ok. He hasn’t made plays leading to goals or had a while open net to shoot at and he hasn’t been average at best the last 4 months. Just saying.

When he has brutal turnovers that lead to 2 goals against he'll get cooked. Also hasn't fumbled an empty net yet.