[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

The team is just going to have to play super disciplined and rally around DeSmith. They can do this if every player pulls their weight.

I suspect next season they'll re-sign DeSmith, as Demko might not be trusted to stay healthy. Can't throw Silovs to the wolves for a long stretch. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

That's great. My bigger concern is him not listening to his body. Him sitting a few games initially might have saved having him out for weeks. Might have also saved this "new" injury.

It might have been a lot of things. We don't know yet. 

Unfortunately, I missed game 1 as I was at my best friend’s birthday party, but it looks like we won and played well. 

Demko being out is a concern, if it’s long term. Should still be able to win this series though and hopefully Demko is back for round 2.

Edited by Snoop Hogg

Just now, Nucker67 said:

The team is just going to have to play super disciplined and rally around DeSmith. They can do this if every player pulls their weight.

I suspect next season they'll re-sign DeSmith, as Demko might not be trusted to stay healthy. Can't throw Silovs to the wolves for a long stretch. 

No other way around it. They need fan support now more than ever.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

Yepp, Almost starting to sound like damaged goods now.

He had that double groin surgery early on to gain more flexibility.  The he had the concussions.  Then another groin, a knee, who knows what the problem is now.  Didn't he get hit with the puck in the mask at least twice?  That's how he got concussed both times.  One time it was so bad he couldn't even fly.  I think he was out 2 months for that concussion...

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

And now all the couch GMs suddenly transformed into couch Medical Doctors...

and apparently therapists...

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

The funny thing about this is my comment is probably what your inner dialogue sounds like and your rebuttal is likely a projection of how you actually feel right now. 
it’s ok, we are all in this together. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

The truly good teams make the adjustments and don't miss a beat.  We'll see, now, what this team is made of.

He says, licking his chops?

Losing A player is one thing...losing your starting goalie is another. Not quite the same.

We know what this team's made of even if you don't.

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

The funny thing about this is my comment is probably what your inner dialogue sounds like and your rebuttal is likely a projection of how you actually feel right now. 
it’s ok, we are all in this together. 

not at all. I'm not a panicky, low-confidence person. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He had that double groin surgery early on to gain more flexibility.  The he had the concussions.  Then another groin, a knee, who knows what the problem is now.  Didn't he get hit with the puck in the mask at least twice?  That's how he got concussed both times.  One time it was so bad he couldn't even fly.  I think he was out 2 months for that concussion...

He made that save with his mask too last game...

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I trust silovs, long term, more than DeSmith........silovs is a starter

• Cheers 1

If the top 6 shows up offensively then the Demko injury won’t be a problem for this series. 

This team has shown capable of outscoring problems and overwhelming teams offensively. 

They might have to do that again if they want to take the series.

• Like 1