[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

46 minutes ago, Darius said:

I’m guessing it was that splits save he made in period one. Ouch

%%#%^^%

Yeah that could be it. Hopefully it's not the knee again. One would think it's a groin pull if he hurt it on the splits but geez how did he play the whole game on a LTI (for playoffs that's long)?

• Vintage 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

He's a 50 game guy if you really want the truth.  That's if he is injury free.  His durability is a big problem...

I'm not disputing that. I agree with you if that's the discussion we're having.

But I don't think he was overplayed this season based off of the earlier targets for him. Plus the target for DeSmith were 20-25. Demko's late injury increased that.

Going forward next season, it's obvious now he needs to be around 50 max.

• Cheers 1

Just now, LaBamba said:

The only hope we have is DeSmith gets Shelled, Silvos goes in and becomes that annual goalie out of nowhere that plays out of his mind. Kinda like Demko did in the bubble. 

Especially since Silovs just went through a very similar experience with Latvia national team at last year's World Championship. Did you know they now a statue for him in Riga?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

We have won 2 out of 3 against Nashville in the regular season with DeSmith and we are up 1-0 so even if Demko is out the whole series it is a huge disadvantage for sure but it’s not like we’re totally screwed. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

The only hope we have is DeSmith gets Shelled, Silvos goes in and becomes that annual goalie out of nowhere that plays out of his mind. Kinda like Demko did in the bubble. 

I trust DeSmith more right now. Silov was super shakey in his last few starts; all nerves. Took a period at least to settle down.

We are lucky to have a good backup in Desmith; hope Demmer is back soon.

I have so much faith in DeSmith being able to have an insane performance in a big game like this. 

Also this makes that game 1 win so much more important. 

Let's go :towel:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, CaribouCanuck said:

We have won 2 out of 3 against Nashville in the regular season with DeSmith and we are up 1-0 so even if Demko is out the whole series it is a huge disadvantage for sure but it’s not like we’re totally screwed. 

We're not totally screwed. 

2 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Sorry, correction - Demko played the first 2 games. DeSmith only played in the December game.

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I was talking about the backup for next year.  I think DeSmith is more than capable of stepping up short term like this.  The bottom line is, this is a defense first team and losing your goalie is might be the best of the worst case scenarios.  

Stay out of the box, that's the key.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Darius said:

If the difference in this series is Demko then I dont think our long term chances are good.   I think they can take these guys with DeSmith (just an opinion not trying to jinx).

It's a good thing we won that first game.

• Like 2

Gonna post this and hope that I look like a pessimistic loser in a week--I think we instantly become underdogs in this series without Demko. Preds are now favoured to win the series if Demko is out, I'd say.

Please prove me wrong, DeSmith. Or I guess Silovs could channel is World Championship level for a short spurt of time and pull a 1986 Patrick Roy moment.

1 minute ago, Darius said:

If the difference in this series is Demko then I dont think our long term chances are good.   I think they can take these guys with DeSmith (just an opinion not trying to jinx).

Agree completely 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Exactly this!

Dammit Demko... Just got back from injury.

Defence better make some quick outlet passes and not dilly dally in our own zone. Play quick smart hockey. Need to go 2 up vs Nashville. Don't want them getting any momentum heading back home. 

Petey better get a goal tonight. Playoffs are a different beast. Need him to get going if we want to make it far.

4 minutes ago, awalk said:

I have so much faith in DeSmith being able to have an insane performance in a big game like this. 

Also this makes that game 1 win so much more important. 

Let's go :towel:

He proved people wrong against EDM. 

That's a good thing.

• Like 1