[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

Doubt it's the split save, He probably wouldn't have finished the game. I think it's more concussion related..Those things linger, i would know.

He did take a hard puck off the forehead of his  mask last game.

9 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah that could be it. Hopefully it's not the knee again. One would think it's a groin pull if he hurt it on the splits but geez how did he play the whole game on a LTI (for playoffs that's long)?

Just heard same knee, different injury.  Who knows though

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, 24K said:

We have to outscore our problem now. We have the horses to do it. Just need them to do it.

Quite the opposite, imo.  You focus on tight defense now more than ever.  You start to outscore your starter being out and youre leaving your backup out to dry

• Upvote 2

With Demko out we lose our goaltending advantage and we need to out score our problems. Which means if there was ever a time for a player to get up for the game this is Petey’s time. We need our stars to shine. It’s game breaker time EP40, JTM9 and BB6

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 2

We've been playing through injuries and adversity and still succeeded this season.

It's a good thing Tocchet has preached the importance of extra gears and being uncomfortable.

Time to find that extra gear!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

With Demko out we lose our goaltending advantage and we need to our score our problems. Which means if there was ever a time for a player to get up for the game this is Petey’s time. We need our stars to shine. It’s game breaker time EP40, JTM9 and BB6

So a team that has won all year with defense should now go against that and alter their style?  

Ridiculous, that's playing right into Nashvilles hands.

Nashville scores off the rush........you tighten up even more on defense and double down on the style that's worked all year

Edited by stawns
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

He did take a hard puck off the forehead of his  mask last game.

That's what I'm thinking..Loudness and brightness really effect you after head trauma also, I know it did for me..unfortunately I suffered a few seizures also. Hopefully for Demmer it's something completely different .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

That's what I'm thinking..Loudness and brightness really effect you after head trauma also, I know it did for me..unfortunately I suffered a few seizures also. Hopefully for Demmer it's something completely different .

Knee

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Especially since Silovs just went through a very similar experience with Latvia national team at last year's World Championship. Did you know they now a statue for him in Riga?

Looking forward to his future. His stats were insane in the WC.

It's a great thing he got a few games for us to build confidence and get reps at this level. 

Ughhhh, guessing tweaked groin for Demko after that splits save. Was thinking good thing he didn’t pull anything there after all the time off. Hopefully it’s just a mild strain and can come back in this series or be good to go for (knock on wood) next round. Demko’s injury history is starting to get very concerning.

TBH, I don't know that the Canucks need to adjust their play from game 1 all that much....

They allowed 24 shots against. One of the goals was a seeing eye shot that made it through a screen and the other was a snipe that nobody stops....

If the 'Nucks can limit the chances against in the same way, I think Casey can handle it. I don't think you go run and gun....

• Cheers 4

Just now, arsenalian said:

Ughhhh, guessing tweaked groin for Demko after that splits save. Was thinking good thing he didn’t pull anything there after all the time off. Hopefully it’s just a mild strain and can come back in this series or be good to go for (knock on wood) next round. Demko’s injury history is starting to get very concerning.

Same knee, different injury