[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

fuck off 

That's concerning for both the short and long-term, knees are huge for a tender 

Demko's got two years remaining on his deal, gotta wonder about his health going forward and how that may affect any extension 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's a 50 game guy if you really want the truth.  That's if he is injury free.  His durability is a big problem...

Ya I’ve said that the past couple years he seems to break down in previous years at around 50. While he is a great goalie.. is he even capable of going on a playoff run with the team where it can be an additional 16-28 games.. if we go by 50 that means he can play less than half a season so that he’s not spent for the playoff. It’s not that he’s fatigue himself but it’s his body that’s giving out on him

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I was talking about the backup for next year.  I think DeSmith is more than capable of stepping up short term like this.  The bottom line is, this is a defense first team and losing your goalie is might be the best of the worst case scenarios.  

Stay out of the box, that's the key.

Im talking big picture. Some of the greatest goalies of all time broke out during the playoffs in a similar scenario. Roy and Hasek who are considered the best ever started out on a playoff run. Demko made Marky expendable after the bubble. 

DeSmith is a backup goalie. Silvos IMO has potential to be a starter.  Looking at the worlds last year he can stand on his head.

Just now, RupertKBD said:

TBH, I don't know that the Canucks need to adjust their play from game 1 all that much....

They allowed 24 shots against. One of the goals was a seeing eye shot that made it through a screen and the other was a snipe that nobody stops....

If the 'Nucks can limit the chances against in the same way, I think Casey can handle it. I don't think you go run and gun....

Definitely not, as I said, they'll double down now.  You cannot let Nashville have odd man rushes and you absolutely have to stay out of the box.

Do those two things and they'll be ok I think

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

TBH, I don't know that the Canucks need to adjust their play from game 1 all that much....

They allowed 24 shots against. One of the goals was a seeing eye shot that made it through a screen and the other was a snipe that nobody stops....

If the 'Nucks can limit the chances against in the same way, I think Casey can handle it. I don't think you go run and gun....

Great points. Agree with you. DeSmith can handle it. That much we've seen.

We MUST stay out of the box tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, arsenalian said:

Ahh crap. Well that’s not good. Would have preferred groin tweak

I guess the silver lining is that hr didn't re-aggravate the old injury, if reports are accurate

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

Im talking big picture. Some of the greatest goalies of all time broke out during the playoffs in a similar scenario. Roy and Hasek who are considered the best ever started out on a playoff run. Demko made Marky expendable after the bubble. 

DeSmith is a backup goalie. Silvos IMO has potential to be a starter.  Looking at the worlds last year he can stand on his head.

He can, I love Arty, but I absolutely do not want to see DeSmith shelled

40 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

With Demko's injury history, not sure he can ever play a full season in the NHL.  Not sure I'd want to give him an 8.5x8 contract extension.  Luckily, we still have two more years to figure it out...

The current term is good for what we're seeing now in his injury history. 

6 minutes ago, tas said:

last I checked, masochists enjoy it, they don't piss and moan and shake in their boots the entire time. 

What are you talking about little guy? Just whatever you gotta do to get upvotes, you literally are nothing to me. 

21 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Wonder if this is why yesterdays practice was changed to optional skate. Thus Demko could be absent without raising any eyebrows. Kept it under wraps as long as they could. 

Nah. Tocchet said the players needed it.  Emotional game 1.  

Preds stayed in their hotel and didn't practice at all.  They were shell shocked despite having almost a week break before game 1. 

34 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

Well this puts a damper on things, if they focus on limiting shots against and Desmith settles down (his biggest problem is he gets over aggressive and takes himself out of the net) they should still be able to win this series. Don’t forget Silovs single-handedly won his country a bronze last year in the world championship, Desmith has to be on a short leash if he gets jumpy he’s gotta come out and give silovs the net

Great points! We can still win this series. DeSmith has to be on his A-game and Silovs is no slouch. It could be a lot worse.

• Like 2