[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

Just now, HKSR said:

Silovs and Tolopilo are decent... but not sure they have the same pedigree or potential that Demko had coming into our system.

We need an Askarov or Wallstedt type prospect.

They're not, which isn't to disparage either player. Demko was drafted 36OA, he was almost in late 1st territory. He was compared to Cory Schneider, who was a top notch tender in New Jersey at the time. 

He's a prime example of why holding onto 2nd round picks and using them to draft players is important. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Silovs and Tolopilo are decent... but not sure they have the same pedigree or potential that Demko had coming into our system.

We need an Askarov or Wallstedt type prospect.

Agree about another grade A prospect but ...

Silovs is more than decent. Those back-to-back Worlds showings proved that.

He needs more games at this level.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Game over...it was nice while it lasted.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 123253.png

Better make your bets now and make some money.

Nux still betting favorites tonight. 

Preds +105

Nux -125

Edited by Jaimito

Hope de Smith can hold the fort!!!! We should of never played demko that much should of rested him.... no point of making the playoffs if your main goalie is injured... lesson learned for next year... silov will be our backup groom him 

Just now, tas said:

do you know what a masochist is?

It’s someone who gets off sexually from pain.
You’re not smart enough to understand the joke. 
Because the Canucks always disappoint and cause “pain” they never disappoint a masochist “me

also, my entire persona is semi satire. I make miserable posts with sarcasm to entertain myself and the people that “get it”. 

So the comment “

I'm a masochist, this team never lets me down.” Is layered in sarcasm, satire, self flatulence and passive aggression. 

now buzz off. 

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

No point in speculating on what the injury is, or how long it will keep Demmer out....

When injuries hit, the guy who replaces him (and the rest of the team) has to step up. This time it's DeSmith. It's still a damn good team.....

• Cheers 4

Just now, LaBamba said:

It’s someone who gets off sexually from pain.
You’re not smart enough to understand the joke. 
Because the Canucks always disappoint and cause “pain” they never disappoint a masochist “me

also, my entire persona is semi satire. I make miserable posts with sarcasm to entertain myself and the people that “get it”. 

So the comment “

I'm a masochist, this team never lets me down.” Is layered in sarcasm, satire, self flatulence and passive aggression. 

now buzz off. 

alternately, it was just a poor analogy.

if your whole "persona" is being a histrionic crybaby, maybe it's time to try on a new hat. 

• Haha 1

Called it

Why take the chance of bringing him back too soon. Although I don't think another 10 days would have made a big difference really. DeSmith has been great for us this year. 29 games:

15 games with 2 goals or less

(4 games with 3 goals)

Our defense has to be sharp 

DeSmith is 32 and a seasoned vet, he knows what's up. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Called it

Why take the chance of bringing him back too soon. Although I don't think another 10 days would have made a big difference really. DeSmith has been great for us this year. 29 games:

(4 games with 3 goals)

Exactly! 

Sharp D and sharp DeSmith!

LFG!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

No point in speculating on what the injury is, or how long it will keep Demmer out....

When injuries hit, the guy who replaces him (and the rest of the team) has to step up. This time it's DeSmith. It's still a damn good team.....

Exactly 

Next man up.  Depth is tested in playoffs.  

• Cheers 3

I also think it's premature to say Demko was brought back too soon.

If the reports are true, it's not a re-injury, it's something new. That means it doesn't have anything to do with how soon he returned from the previous injury.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

So who's lying?

it's possible to have two injuries to the same body part that are entirely unrelated. 

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Called it

(4 games with 3 goals)

DeSmith deSucks. We want Demko! 

17 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I am concerned, especially if we face the Oilers next round. I explained this in a previous post. 

But I'm not concerned to the degree that we're now suddenly the "underdogs" of this series because we lost Demko. 

Helps to have to only win 3 out of 6.  That's .500 hockey for you!

• Cheers 1

same knee..different injury....could be meniscus damage, could be torn ligament...once you have a knee injury (speaking as a former weekend warrior), damage returns from time to time with the slightest tweak if you move the wrong way not even taking into consideration the movements of an NHL goalie...

Get well soon

Edited by testycal