[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

27 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Called it

Why take the chance of bringing him back too soon. Although I don't think another 10 days would have made a big difference really. DeSmith has been great for us this year. 29 games:

15 games with 2 goals or less

(4 games with 3 goals)

Our defense has to be sharp 

DeSmith is 32 and a seasoned vet, he knows what's up. 

Not the same injury

I'm going to be positive, Management has proven us right all along and obviously they saw something in DeSmith that we didn't or don't so it's not like they're sticking in any goalie from the minors, It's their guy and I trust them to prove us right..again.

56 minutes ago, ngoway said:

Having Demko out definitely hurts, but DeSmith has definitely proven he can step in admirably. I don't get/or agree with all the negative comments with everyone admitting defeat and being all doom and gloom.

Do we always have to be so negative? Everyone wanted this team to be a playoff team and we are now. We're only 1 game in, and people are already jumping off the (band)wagon. Why don't we try to be positive instead and actually support the team consistently. It's easy enough to support them when they're winning and playing well, but support is also needed when things aren't going 100%.

I don't think anyone at Rogers tonight will be doom and gloom. They'll be supporting the team and will be loud. And if there's reason to be even louder, tonight is it. 

We've proven naysayers wrong time and again, and we can do it again.

One game at a time. Win tonight, we go up 2-0. It doesn't need to be pretty.

LFG! Bring it on!

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

In the 14 games where DeSmith and Silovs played while Demko was injured, Canucks had a:

2.85 GAA

0.884 Sv%

DeSmith and Silov's stats this regular season:

DeSmith:  2.89 GAA, 0.895 Sv%

Silovs:  2.47 GAA, 0.881 Sv%

In the 3 games Demko has been back, Canucks have a:

2.33 GAA

0.920 Sv%

Demko's record this regular season:

2.45 GAA

0.918 Sv%

Let's not kid ourselves.  The goalie is on the ice for 60min per game.  This is a huge blow to our chances. 

The team also plays differently with Demko in net.  More aggressive, and they push the play more.  Unless Petey comes alive, we're gonna be in tough, even against this Nashville team.

The playoffs is a new season.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Same knee, different injury apparently.  But, who really knows what the truth is

So much this.

Team has been very sparse with injury info.

day to day becomes week to week then month to month. 

Other injuries go from week to week to playing that night.

At some point, the leagues gambling "partners' will be demanding better reporting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Everyone is grossly underestimating the preds. They have one of the best lines in all of hockey. We barely edged them with Demko in net. Saros vs DeSmith is David vs Goliath. 

Saros vs DeSmith is like Iron Mike Sharpe vs Steve Lombardi