[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

Demko injury is a gut punch, but this group needs to be able to beat the Preds without him if they’re going to really make noise this year. I just hope it’s not too serious. 

As it stands, this is an opportunity for DeSmith - and others - to step up.  

• Cheers 3

Just now, Grinch said:

The keys to the game 1 is win 

zadorov - this man was fire

demko 

lindholm 

petey better fucking fill a spot 

Petey better fill the net because deSuck is going to allow a couple bad ones. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Demko injury is a gut punch, but this group needs to be able to beat the Preds without him if they’re going to really make noise this year. I just hope it’s not too serious. 

I’m worried but not terrified.  This year just has a certain “feel” to it.  Seems like everything that happens is just destined to make the team stronger in the end.

• Cheers 1

I have my coiler fan in laws texting me "congrats on your Cinderella season - too bad its over" .   Harsh words are bout to be exchanged.  I warned my wife.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • chaos 1

7 minutes ago, Grinch said:

The keys to the game 1 is win 

zadorov - this man was fire

demko 

lindholm 

petey better fucking fill a spot 

THis is the perfect opportunity for petey to justify his 11.6M. We need him tonight.

1 minute ago, Darius said:

I have my coiler fan in laws texting me "congrats on your Cinderella season - too bad its over" .   Harsh words are bout to be exchanged.  I warned my wife.

fuckin' desmith is still better than any goalie the oilers have had in the last 15 years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Exactly this. 

Just want to add:

Great point!

And ...

Couldn't agree more.

This is how greatness emerges.

Let's go!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

THis is the perfect opportunity for petey to justify his 11.6M. We need him tonight.

Why do people keep citing increased offense now that demko is out?  If anything, this series is even going to be more defensive and low scoring.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Even if the hockey Gods bless deSmith for this series and we beat Nashville what are the chances he can beat the Kings next round? 

image.png.ed032ad6930ca4eddb59e50ff0cd2652.png

Haha just buggin!

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

so yea sure, demko out isnt the end of the world...BUT it IS our starter goalie that out and that is a HUGE loss. Desmiths gotta play the best hockey of his life and other players needs tos tep up as well to fill the gap.  These are horrible news and exactly what i feared when demko first got injured. 

we can only PRAY demko will be able to play for the next round. and thats a best case scenario....jesis....

Scared Oh God GIF by South Park

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

if that's the case, you have shitty inlaws. I have been lucky to have supportive inlaws, but damn, throw the shit back at them. I figure its just playful ribbing but I dont know your situation.

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

Binnington

Murray

Thompson

Niemi

Ward

Francouz

Emery

Osgood

There have been plenty of goalies who  were subpar or had one good run to go on and win a cup or make it to the finals.
With the defence infront of DeSmith and our work in the o-zone, this team can get through a round without Demko. We have home ice advantage which helps increase our chances of winning. We’ve got this.

Lol… I like that you included Divesgood!