[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

I’d also like to bring up that the PP smells like a garbage bag full of old lawn clippings. 
The PP can cancel out the Demko injury if it somehow gets going. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Just take it one game at a time. 

Win tonight.  They've been a great defensive team since Demko was out and that was without Lindy too.   

Nux will win tonight.  Guys love Casey and will block everything 

Game 6 and 7 are on May 3rd and 5th. 10 days away 🤞

Tocchet actually said he was skating yesterday.

Go Casey Go!

• Desmenko 1
  • MillerTime 1

2 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

Fuck fuck fuck. Well hopefully desmith can help us win this series. 

He shouldn't have to. We can out skate and out play them.....he just needs to be his normal steady self we saw early in the season. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

I’d also like to bring up that the PP smells like a garbage bag full of old lawn clippings. 

HEY, I like the smell of old lawn clippings mister!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

It shouldn't be needed considering they can very much outskate and out play them. DeSmith just needs to be steady there Debbie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Game 6 and 7 are on May 3rd and 5th. 10 days away 🤞

Tocchet actually said he was skating yesterday.

Go Casey Go!

they hypothetically would be on those dates, but when the canucks win tonight, that will crush nashville's spirits, making it so this series doesn't go past 5. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Getting email alerts from Canucks that more tickets are release for tonight. 

Band wagoners jumping off. 

I am going to Game 5, unless of course the Canucks sweep the Preds in which case WOOHOO!!!!!

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

In the 14 games where DeSmith and Silovs played while Demko was injured, Canucks had a:

2.85 GAA

0.884 Sv%

DeSmith and Silov's stats this regular season:

DeSmith:  2.89 GAA, 0.895 Sv%

Silovs:  2.47 GAA, 0.881 Sv%

In the 3 games Demko has been back, Canucks have a:

2.33 GAA

0.920 Sv%

Demko's record this regular season:

2.45 GAA

0.918 Sv%

Let's not kid ourselves.  The goalie is on the ice for 60min per game.  This is a huge blow to our chances. 

The team also plays differently with Demko in net.  More aggressive, and they push the play more.  Unless Petey comes alive, we're gonna be in tough, even against this Nashville team.

People probably said the same about Bobrovsky or Freddy Anderson last year:

Bob - 2022-23 RS 3.07 GAA and .901 SV%

2022-23 Playoffs 2.78 GAA and .915 SV%

Anderson - 2022-23 RS 2.48 GAA and .903 SV%

2022-23 Playoffs 1.83 GAA and .927 SV%

While the regular season is not meaningless, some goalies are able to turn it on when the pressure is the highest. From what I have seen, some goalies really thrive when put under higher workloads. Maybe the issue for Desmith so far is not getting the net often enough to "feel the puck". 

While we are looking at numbers, Desmith does have one playoff start. in 2021-22 he started the first game of the playoffs for Pitt and got the win in triple OT. Stopped 51 of 54 shots for a .941 SV%. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Rusty Shackleford said:

You heard it folks.  Coach said we have to bring the same energy tonight to the game, everyone going we have to be LOUDDD!!!

Exactly this. No fragility or insecurity. 

LOUD! 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

He's not making $11.6m this year. $7.35m

He just got reupped at 11.6x8. He got paid difference maker money, he needs to be one for this team to get to the promise land.

Does he get an out just because his last contract was 7.35?

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Highstickin said:

People probably said the same about Bobrovsky or Freddy Anderson last year:

Bob - 2022-23 RS 3.07 GAA and .901 SV%

2022-23 Playoffs 2.78 GAA and .915 SV%

Anderson - 2022-23 RS 2.48 GAA and .903 SV%

2022-23 Playoffs 1.83 GAA and .927 SV%

While the regular season is not meaningless, some goalies are able to turn it on when the pressure is the highest. From what I have seen, some goalies really thrive when put under higher workloads. Maybe the issue for Desmith so far is not getting the net often enough to "feel the puck". 

While we are looking at numbers, Desmith does have one playoff start. in 2021-22 he started the first game of the playoffs for Pitt and got the win in triple OT. Stopped 51 of 54 shots for a .941 SV%. 

Here's hoping!  We need one of our goalies to take the reigns and GO!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

One game at a time.

DeSmith and Silovs just need to win tonight.

We do that, despite the setback, we go up 2-0.

this is the right attitude!  DeSmith has beat good teams this year. Canucks go up 2-0 then Preds are in a position where they have to win 4 out of 5 games. I like our chances.  One game at a time.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Darius said:

I have my coiler fan in laws texting me "congrats on your Cinderella season - too bad its over" .   Harsh words are bout to be exchanged.  I warned my wife.

Ironic coming from Oilers fans after DeSmith beat them to ostensibly win the div

• Cheers 2

I really like that fir the first time I can remember we have 23 players I am comfortable with.  More then actually with a few Abby players.  In 2011 I sure wasn't.  Maybe back to 94 or 95.  This team is the best team we have had and has the best young stars we have had.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

In the 14 games where DeSmith and Silovs played while Demko was injured, Canucks had a:

2.85 GAA

0.884 Sv%

DeSmith and Silov's stats this regular season:

DeSmith:  2.89 GAA, 0.895 Sv%

Silovs:  2.47 GAA, 0.881 Sv%

In the 3 games Demko has been back, Canucks have a:

2.33 GAA

0.920 Sv%

Demko's record this regular season:

2.45 GAA

0.918 Sv%

Let's not kid ourselves.  The goalie is on the ice for 60min per game.  This is a huge blow to our chances. 

The team also plays differently with Demko in net.  More aggressive, and they push the play more.  Unless Petey comes alive, we're gonna be in tough, even against this Nashville team.

what are the nashville goalies' combined gaa and save % against the canucks this year? better or worse than the canucks' backups' numbers for the year?

Just now, Darius said:

this is the right attitude!  DeSmith has beat good teams this year. Canucks go up 2-0 then Preds are in a position where they have to win 4 out of 5 games. I like our chances.  One game at a time.

Agree. Just simplify. One bite at a time. Don't get ahead of ourselves. We can do it with the right attitude. Stick to our game through the adversity.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

It shouldn't be needed considering they can very much outskate and out play them. DeSmith just needs to be steady there Debbie. 

Exactly, who needs a PP? 

2 hours ago, RomanPer said:

And now all the couch GMs suddenly transformed into couch Medical Doctors...

I diagnose you with a severe case of optimism!