[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

3 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

More a case of I think they can outplay them enough to not need to rely on it.  

More of a case we can outplay them and keep it 5x5. The wild card is that we MUST stay out of the box. Can't give them too many opportunities.

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

He just got reupped at 11.6x8. He got paid difference maker money, he needs to be one for this team to get to the promise land.

Does he get an out just because his last contract was 7.35?

Yeah and that contract doesn't kick in until next season. $7.35m this year. I do agree he needs to step it up offensively, but defensively he's been good

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

He just got reupped at 11.6x8. He got paid difference maker money, he needs to be one for this team to get to the promise land.

Does he get an out just because his last contract was 7.35?

Many were saying he should be getting McDavid/Matthews money(12-13+ million) and I always thought he was in the Eichel range of around 10 Million . Actually Eichel is a little better built for the playoffs so I would  even take him over Petey. 

In the playoffs, guys like Zadorov, Miller and Joshua make the difference. Unless you play with the feistiness of a Garland. :classic_biggrin:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

More a case of I think they can outplay them enough to not need to rely on it.  

I don’t know what game you were watching but the game I watched didn’t have us Dominating them for the entire game We took penalties trying to deal with their speed. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Yeah and that contract doesn't kick in until next season. $7.35m this year. I do agree he needs to step it up offensively, but defensively he's been good

And now, more than yesterday, his defensive prowess (like every member on the team) is much more important.  They were never going to win on offense and especially not now.  They are going to live and die on defensive hockey

• Like 1

Tough break...

JR said a lot had to right so do some damage in the play offs. 

We'll see, how good we are now....

Still see us pulling through, but D has to be even better and forwards too....

Lets do this. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I don’t know what game you were watching but the game I watched didn’t have us Dominating them for the entire game We took penalties trying to deal with their speed. 

I thought their power play was dangerous but canucks looked like the better team at even strength.

• Vintage 1

Just now, spook007 said:

Tough break...

Lets do this. 

One game at a time. Just need to win tonight. It doesn't need to be pretty either. 

• Like 2

Wow - Disappointed at the Demko injury news - this will now test the Canucks team structure even more and should force the team to be a bit more defensively conscious - especially in response to odd man rushes and maintaining discipline.  Its a team game anyway and everyone will be responsible for their own part.

Hopefully the team can play with the patience like the last game - box outs, diligent checking and clearances will be very important now.  I am okay with boring checking hockey if it helps them to win.

It's time for Petey's line to step up and get some more offensive pressure in the Preds zone.  Lets get a solid 60m effort from everyone tonight as there is extra day between games .

Go Canucks Go

justwin.jpg

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Tough break...

Lets do this. 

Agreed, this is going to show us the real identity of this team, imo 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Demko isn't a 60 game guy.  He's only done it once his entire career.  He would benefit from the Boston model, whereby we have a legit starter as a backup.  

Really hope Silovs keeps improving and can play 27-30 games next year. Otherwise yeah, a legit second starter is key. Desmith is probably good enough either way if the coaching staff would just limit Demko's games more. 

• Cheers 1