[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

9 minutes ago, Screw said:

If they play .500 hockey for the rest of the series they make the 2nd round.  

Hope Demko is ready by then.

Excellent perspective 

3-3, Nux win series. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darius said:

I have my coiler fan in laws texting me "congrats on your Cinderella season - too bad its over" .   Harsh words are bout to be exchanged.  I warned my wife.

Can’t be a Cinderella run when your at/near top of the league all year

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

Binnington

Murray

Thompson

Niemi

Ward

Francouz

Emery

Osgood

There have been plenty of goalies who  were subpar or had one good run to go on and win a cup or make it to the finals.
With the defence infront of DeSmith and our work in the o-zone, this team can get through a round without Demko. We have home ice advantage which helps increase our chances of winning. We’ve got this.

Out of all those, I'd say our best realistic hope is for something like Ward to happen.  He was pretty mediocre in the regular season, but turned it on in the playoffs.

Binnington was already playing lights out in the regular season and carried on through to the playoffs.  Same could be said about Emery.  Maybe not lights out, but he certainly was having a very good year.

The other guys had extremely strong rosters in front of them.  PIT, VGK, CHI, COL, DET... these were all powerhouses in terms of forward and defensive depth.  Not sure I'd put this Canucks roster at the same level as those teams.

38 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Tough break...

JR said a lot had to right so do some damage in the play offs. 

We'll see, how good we are now....

Still see us pulling through, but D has to be even better and forwards too....

Lets do this. 

didn't he actually say that EVERYTHING would have to go right for this team to MAKE the playoffs?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Huge blow losing Demko, at this point just gotta enjoy the ride now. Zero expectations for the rest of the games now.

We can't control anything on ice.  Should just enjoy the ride regardless. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Screw said:

If they play .500 hockey for the rest of the series they make the 2nd round.  

Hope Demko is ready by then.

Agree ... one game at a time.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar

Just now, OldFaithfulcap said:

Casey's played one playoff game.

48 shots/51 saves - 

IMG_5702.thumb.jpeg.9767ca6bf0daa3f0b067034de5b065b9.jpeg

Got injured, pens with backup won it in 2OT

The infamous salty pork game?

• chaos 1

7 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

We can't control anything on ice.  Should just enjoy the ride regardless. 

Canucks wanted to be the underdogs, they are 100% now.

Too bad the Canucks had a chance to win this year but that's all over now.  Without your #1 goalie there is just no way you can win a Cup or even a win a round.  DeSmith is a good backup but there is no way he can carry the load of a #1.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ErnieVan said:

Too bad the Canucks had a chance to win this year but that's all over now.  Without your #1 goalie there is just no way you can win a Cup or even a win a round.  DeSmith is a good backup but there is no way he can carry the load of a #1.

Adin Hill was not Vegas' #1 goalie last season.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

it's going to suck being immobile for several months once they've got your ankles in casts. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Cmon man like Zamboni driver is our goalie tonight.

Going to my first Canucks Playoff game...since Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals in 2011.

I was at 10 home playoff games that year....9 of them were incredible.   

Pretty pumped to see the boys in playoff beast again. Expecting the atmosphere and adrenaline to be pumping in the arena.

Very concerned to hear Demko won't be playing but feel that most teams will face some adversity during the course of the playoffs.

Demko established himself as a number 1 goalie the last time we faced adversity in the playoffs (against Vegas)

Looking for Desmith or Silvos  to take their game to another level until Demmer's return.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1