[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

Going to my first Canucks Playoff game...since Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals in 2011.

I was at 10 home playoff games that year....9 of them were incredible.   

Pretty pumped to see the boys in playoff beast again. Expecting the atmosphere and adrenaline to be pumping in the arena.

Very concerned to hear Demko won't be playing but feel that most teams will face some adversity during the course of the playoffs.

Demko established himself as a number 1 goalie the last time we faced adversity in the playoffs (against Vegas)

Looking for Desmith or Silvos  to take their game to another level until Demmer's return.

Exactly the right spirit to have going into Rogers! Have fun! 

Give'er!!! Go Canucks go!!!

• Cheers 2

50 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I can tell you one difference...I didn't watch looking for shit to whine about. There were some valid issues but outside of some of the 2nd they carried the play and had the possession % in their favor until defending the lead. 

Pretty upbeat for an emo 

I think our team D is good enough to beat the Preds but obviously this is a massive blow and opens the series wide up. We're a contender with Demko and without him, we're a mid-table playoff team so anything could happen. Have to get the jump on the Preds early in this one, we can't let their rush offence get a few quick goals on DeSmith. We were poised for a blowout win but now I think it'll be a lot closer.

3-1 Canucks

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Pretty upbeat for an emo 

Emo? That is the logo of a hardcore/punk band. Nice try though.

EDIT: Oh you mean the name? Was combo of gnar from snowboarding and my love of hardcore music way back when haha

Edited by Gnarcore

4 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Going to my first Canucks Playoff game...since Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals in 2011.

I was at 10 home playoff games that year....9 of them were incredible.   

Pretty pumped to see the boys in playoff beast again. Expecting the atmosphere and adrenaline to be pumping in the arena.

Very concerned to hear Demko won't be playing but feel that most teams will face some adversity during the course of the playoffs.

Demko established himself as a number 1 goalie the last time we faced adversity in the playoffs (against Vegas)

Looking for Desmith or Silvos  to take their game to another level until Demmer's return.

The good news is that tonight's result can't possibly be any worse 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

quit the fuckin negativity guys. “This could get ugly” blah blah blah. This season wasnt held together by Demko, it was achieved through teamwork and that included not having Demko for a period of time. This team is built top to bottom, our D is healthy, they are playing mean as fuck and keeping shots to the outside and not making it easy for Nashville to get to the net. We can win this series with DeSmith covering for Demmer and thats with a struggling PP. Once that PP gets goin, its a much more lopsided series in our favour with DeSmith in net.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952jhwchwsdozhifm6y7d

• Cheers 2

TBH this might tighten up our play and for tonight make us really hard to beat. The guys will be aware of not taking too many liberties like in game 1,  and everyone will be playing their best defensive effort. 

Edited by Bob Long

5 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

I’ll do my part Crossbar, I was loud for GM1 but I still have my voice (for now) and better have something left in case for next week (possible GM5) 

We are finally here, let’s not worry about what if’s and support what is a very exciting time for this team, city and best fan base. 

09DEB47B-D5D4-4FE1-A7E3-166CF54CF55F.jpeg

A12CBE70-13BC-4A01-86A7-87860EA34934.jpeg

6B3F03D6-6677-4F3C-BF3E-7B514E7E2278.jpeg

Awesome!!! Great pics!

Will it to happen, my friend! Give'er like no tomorrow. No worry, no fear! Let's do this! Miracles do happen!

Your voice will come back! 🙂

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

The good news is that tonight's result can't possibly be any worse 

Not gonna lie...I didn't go to many games after that one.

Gave away or sold most of my tickets the following season and didn't attend anymore playoff games.  

• Huggy Bear 1

I think the Canucks have more than enough firepower and desire to win the game and the series. Miller, Hughes, Joshua, Zadorov, etc. aren't going to mail it in and give up, even if they get down a goal or two. This team wants to win and they've got a hell of a coaching staff with a lot of experience with them behind the bench. DeSmith is capable of winning. 

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

Not gonna lie...I didn't go to many games after that one.

Gave away or sold most of my tickets the following season and didn't attend anymore playoff games.  

I get it, if I had to watch the Canucks lose game 7 of the cup final in person I probably wouldn't attend many games for a long while either 

Just now, Gnarcore said:

Emo? That is the logo of a hardcore/punk band. Nice try though. 

Lol whatever buddy go “dig up her bones” on a “Saturday night”  in the backseat of your car at the drive inn. This is our “last caress”. Buddy We won’t go “where eagles dare” cause our D doesn’t trust him. You can say I have  “some kinda hate” but I can’t help it I am a “hatebreeder”. 
Who knows maybe DeSmith pulls a Graves and ends up doing a better job than Danzig? Jerrry Only time will tell. 

4 minutes ago, Combover said:

Time for EP to step up and be the difference maker he’s paid to be. 

With Demmer out we can’t have any passengers. 

And that means defence, not offense.  Expect the Canucks to be looking for 2-1 style win tonight.

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

Lol whatever buddy go “dig up her bones” on a “Saturday night”  in the backseat of your car at the drive inn. This is our “last caress”. Buddy We won’t go “where eagles dare” cause our D doesn’t trust him. You can say I have  “some kinda hate” but I can’t help it I am a “hatebreeder”. 
Who knows maybe DeSmith pulls a Graves and ends up doing a better job than Danzig? Jerrry Only time will tell. 

Ok...after all that we can be friends 😄 

EDIT: If you managed to work in Doyle Von Wolfgang woulda got bonus points! 

Edited by Gnarcore

12 minutes ago, tas said:

I just want to go on record saying how embarrassing it is to be affiliated with all of you cowards with your tails between their legs, throwing in your towels. 

you folks don't deserve a winning team and should be publicly shamed when the team you claim to support forces your words down your collective throats. 

Woah what did I miss 😂 typical alibis failing stuff?  Even with Demko out we didn’t lose in bunches.. this is still a good team!  GCG!

• Cheers 1