[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

18 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Do believe it is. Hears one;  Don Cherry, in his latest said the Canucks barely beat Nashville. 🤣                

Well, I do recall Nashville hitting the crossbar at one point. If that goes in...  maybe it's tied and off to OT, then who knows. The Canucks didn't blow them away or dominate. 

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Yeah that's true. If they put in Podz and lose, it might cause undue pressure. At the same time I honestly don't know how Podz wouldn't be an upgrade on PDG. Like shouldn't we be icing the best roster? 

If Demko was still injured and we won with Desmith first game but Demko was now healthy, wouldn't we put him in? Even at the risk of him coming in cold without game experience? 

if the coach thought it was the best lineup option for the team, podkolzin would have been in game one. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

It’s actually Gerry Meehan. Schmautz was traded to Boston the season prior.

You mean the Canuck behind #8? I thought that was Boudrias. Meehan was a lefty. 

12 hours ago, Demko87 said:

Insane GDT brother, I’m going to the game!!!

Insanely GOOD!! yeah!

Five Star GDT. Thanks @Chickenspear.

Tonight is going to be awesome. I can't see an advantage for Nashville anywhere, usually, like with Edmonton, I am like Ohhh we better watch out for so and so and such and such a situation... the Preds I am just like 'man, they have as much depth as my prom date 33 years ago, whatshername the blonde'.

edit, missed the obvious higher level joke: '...and they both went down on the first date.'

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I think Miller takes over this game.

or they adjust to try to slow down the 2nd and third lines thus freeing up Petey who pots a hattie? hehehe....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

No. That is definitely Boudrias. If that photo is actually from 75 then Schmautz was already in Boston.

Meehan wore #8 and #15 with the Canucks.

Edited by Captkirk888
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Would be really nice to get Petey going.  I really don't think we'll get far in these playoffs if Petey isn't producing.  For us to truly dominate, we need all 3 offensive lines doing damage.

For a guy who insisted he play on a winning team, he sure isn't puling his weight. Time to show up and prove your worth Petey. We don't need reverse hits from you, we need goals. 

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

11 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

No. That is definitely Boudrias. If that photo is actually from 75 then Schmautz was already in Boston.

Meehan wore #8 and #15 with the Canucks.

The Canucks are Bobby Schmautz #8 and Boudrias behind.  Meehan was traded to the Altanta Flames for Bob Murray before the playoffs that year,  You would think that they would actually use a picture from that series if they are mentioning it?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, RedWooster said:

The Canucks are Bobby Schmautz #8 and Boudrias behind.  Meehan was traded to the Altanta Flames for Bob Murray before the playoffs that year,  You would think that they would actually use a picture from that series if they are mentioning it?

That’s what I am saying… it looks like Schmautz but he was in Boston in 75. So it can’t be a photo of that actual playoff game. They have just used a file photo of a Canucks/Montreal game from that era. They aren’t thinking us old farts on CFF will notice the discrepancy.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

Hughes is an awesome Captain. 

He assumed the position as if he had always been the captain and already knew what he needed to do.

No dissent from the team to such a young guy assuming the reins.

When all is said and done, I think he will go down as our best Captain ever (and there are some Super Caps before Huggie).

• Like 2

There was a lot of time between the Preds final regular season game and game one, and therefor probably a lot of rust, I have to imagine after playing a game that a lot of that rust will be shaken off by the Predators. But I also have to imagine that a lot of the jitters from the inexperienced players on the Nucks will also be shaken off. I feel like this is going to be a tighter game and that it’s going to be even harder to pull the win out of this one.