[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

3 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

I’m everywhere. I was at the Coliseum in 94 dragging Sandlak and Ronning into the fight as well 

your memory is failing, serge, the house was gone by '93. 

4 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Without DeSmiths goaltending we’re likely not even in the playoffs .

No reason in the world he can’t continue to play well enough for this team to continue winning. 

DeSmith is a good backup. He’s not a starter. Never has been. He’s small in the net and can get exposed. His numbers collapsed when he had to be a starter the last few weeks. 

He allowed 29 goals in his 10 game run. 16 goals against 3 playoffs teams in 3 games, LA, Colorado and Vegas. 

I have no doubt he can get us through a round with Nashville. But you’d have to be kidding yourself if you think DeSmith can win us the cup. 

• Upvote 1

As bad as DeSmith was at some parts, boy did he come to play in that Edmonton game. That was the single biggest game of our season and he shut Edmonton down. Got a bit of help from the D but had to make a lot of saves so he really rose to the occasion then and in his last playoff game and hopefully he'll do the same tonight. With this bad news we could really afford to go up 2-0 in the series and try and split the away games. Lose and Nashville will gain so much momentum.

I think the key is our neutral zone defence, if we can continue to slow them down they struggle to generate offence from a cycle or grind or forecheck but their good chances last game came off the rush or PP. One dimensional team we should be able to block defensively.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Listening to it now ... he says he doesn't know, won't play doctor, he's stuttering and guessing.

That's how you just interpreted what you just heard Woodley say? As stuttering and guessing? To me that was clear as day he was confident that this isn't a short term thing. It's absolutely fascinating how people can interpret an interviews so different. 

Drance mentioned about DeSmith playing a minimum of 3 games unless Demko gets back for game 4 and Woodley said "no not expecting that" then paused "not expecting that at all". Seemed pretty confident to me, and definitely not "stuttering and guessing".

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

DeSmith is a good backup. He’s not a starter. Never has been. He’s small in the net and can get exposed. His numbers collapsed when he had to be a starter the last few weeks. 

He allowed 29 goals in his 10 game run. 16 goals against 3 playoffs teams in 3 games, LA, Colorado and Vegas. 

I have no doubt he can get us through a round with Nashville. But you’d have to be kidding yourself if you think DeSmith can win us the cup. 

Chill Relax GIF

One game at a time, we come out hard tonight, pettey reawakens and we fight and get the series. Round 2, maybe demko is back, maybe we switch to arty. Chill and see 

• ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Seriously? That's how you just interpreted what you just heard Woodley say? As stuttering and guessing? To me that was clear as day he was confident that this isn't a short term thing. It's absolutely fascinating how people can interpret an interviews so different. 

Drance mentioned about DeSmith playing a minimum of 3 games unless Demko gets back for game 4 and Woodley said "no not expecting that" then paused "not expecting that at all". Seemed pretty confident to me, and definitely not "stuttering and guessing".

There's a pretty fine line between actual fact and personal opinion. 

• Cheers 1

Game five versus San Jose Sharks 2011 playoffs is on sportsnet now as an appetizer. I forgot how good Luongo  was in that series. Also forgot that Jamal Mayers was on the sharks. No wonder he never has a good thing to say about the Canucks.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I never said anything about  winning a 

_ _ _ . Never have, never will, it’s bad luck. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Game five versus San Jose Sharks 2011 playoffs is on sportsnet now as an appetizer. I forgot how good Luongo  was in that series. Also forgot that Jamal Mayers was on the sharks. No wonder he never has a good thing to say about the Canucks.

i found Wellwood.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Seriously? That's how you just interpreted what you just heard Woodley say? As stuttering and guessing? To me that was clear as day he was confident that this isn't a short term thing. It's absolutely fascinating how people can interpret an interviews so different. 

That's exactly how I heard it and he was stuttering and guessing. You obviously don't remember when he said ... I don't know, I'm not going to play doctor, and wouldn't say anything definitive about term and was only guessing, and of course, was stuttering.

Lol ... Drance. Ok. 

Just now, Pears said:

There's a pretty fine line between actual fact and personal opinion. 

But if the person the refer to as "the goaltending guru" who actually gets to speak to the team is interviewed on the radio to report on the subject I'd take that statement as a pretty good bet.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

That's exactly how I heard it and he was stuttering and guessing. You obviously don't remember when he said ... I don't know, I'm not going to play doctor, and wouldn't say anything definitive about term and was only guessing, and of course, was stuttering.

Lol ... Drance. Ok. 

Some people can be so blind by bias it's wild. 

Edited by MeanSeanBean

I was picking up my granddaughter after school today. (Grade 3)

She said - we chanted "Go Canucks Go " the whole day and waved Canucks flags. 

And we had a serious talk about pro and cons Bo for Hronek trade.

Only in Canada...

GCG!!!

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I was driving down Georgia today and saw Kirk McLean and Dave Babych doing a fan greet thing.

That has to be a good sign.

McLean should put on the pads and get in there tonight. Goalies can still play regardless of age. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It’s ____ or bust my friend. Even making the finals won’t be enough for me. I’ve been there and done that 3 times. 

Me too. 

I was in Baghdad before you were in your dad’s bag. 🤓

• Huggy Bear 1