[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Demko's inability to stay healthy for 3 straight seasons is getting sorta annoying.

I'm not super confident in DeSmith...but we have no other choice. Hopefully that stretch helped him prep for this moment. 

Seriously, though, Demkos durability is starting to become a major concern

• Upvote 1

Remember the COVID cup?

Marky got injured in game 4, round 2 (after winning play in vs Wild, then Blues in round 1).   Demko played games 5-7, then almost won it.  

DeSmith is more than capable.  

Just now, The Big D said:

Seriously, though, Demkos durability is starting to become a major concern

Lot of media talk that they over played him regular season. Playing games vs Chicago etc.  That's on the coaches.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Oh boy.

Desmith has playoff experience, but i'm hoping he just has to play tonight. Any shakiness and you bring in silovs. 

Preds are low shot team, it at least vs Nux

Casey is good in that environment.  

• Cheers 1

Don’t even try to self soothe yourself with “oh shucks DeSmith can do it” we are done. Even if we somehow made it through a series, the Oilers are too much. We can overcome any injury except Demko, Hughes or Miller. 

As we seen during the regular season, DeSmith is good for a game here and there but not a playoff series here or there. Lol 

oh man, this is the most Canucks thing ever. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On the upside, it's not as if DeSmith hasn't been playing regularly lately 

Big ask to step up come playoff time though, and DeSmith is no Saros 

The Canucks still have the horses to win but this does give the Preds a larger chance in the series, no bones about it 

DeSmith is the first backup since Demko that I have any faith in. Before that, it was Schneider. Players will rally around him and give him goal support, and keep Nashville to a low-event style of game, just like in game 1.

Goaltending was never the ultimate factor in this cup run. It has always revolved around our coaching and our adjustments. This is the 1st opportunity to show the league why RT is the only option for the Jack Adams. 

Go Canucks Go! 

• Cheers 2

"questionable for the series"?

So they see, at minimum, 2 weeks of recovery.  If we're lucky.  WTF?

Overplaying him during the season is coming back to bite them.  One of the few things I disagreed with Tocchet about.  Not saying split the starts as evenly as Knights did with Thompson and Hill, but he could have tempered the starts way more.  Its not rocket science.