[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

To all of you that said we'd be fine without Demko... waddya think now?

I think that thatcher demko doesn't score goals. 

this team has struggled to finish for months. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

To all of you that said we'd be fine without Demko... waddya think now?

I think blaming it all on Desmith shows a lack of understanding of the team game concept. We have not adjusted to Nashvilles shot blocking , same reason we have had trouble with LA.

• Vintage 2

Just now, stawns said:

Aren't you one of the people who throw the "wet blanket" insult at anyone who doesn't participate in the Canucks circle jerk?  

Wtf? I haven't said a single thing.  I've been pointing out all day that it's gonna be a really huge loss losing Demko.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Haven’t seen 11.6 mil Petey yet. That starts next year. Unless you’re from the future

Oh does that mean we can cancel the contract? No!  He signed it this year and is playing like an 1.6 million player

I thought Petey looked engaged with some good hits and shots but was too slow to shoot, got a lot blocked and then makes that dumb defensive play.

Put him on the wing again, we've got the centers to try something fun. Blueger back between Garland and Joshua, Lindholm on a 2nd line shutdown center role and the Lotto line back together.

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The term is a night to remember, just like the movie of the same name about the Titanic sinking.

I know amigo, actually wrote it first, then deleted it.... but I don't want him to remember this shite...  bad enough that we'll be talking about this the next 72 hours...

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Imo, he needed the first and third. Hasn't been bad but needed to be better. Especially off the hop.

Our D wasn't good on the third one either, though.

We need more from him certainly 

Gotta credit the Preds though, they've been blocking everything and plugging up lanes, they've also capitalized on the couple opportunities they had 

We're gonna have to open up and play a more risky game if go into the third down 3-0 

We could come back, but our powerplay has really let us down tonight 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Aren't you one of the people who throw the "wet blanket" insult at anyone who doesn't participate in the Canucks circle jerk?  

Aren't you the one that crowned the Oilers division champs 2 months ago? 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Hey NSH has made some crazy adjustments to block every goddamn shooting lane.  Nothing is getting on net right now.

Maybe it's just a mental thing that's rattled the Canucks because of the injury.

That's a big part of it.  I was saying earlier how the Canucks play differently in front of Demko vs DeSmith/Silovs.

Just now, Canuckleheads Fan said:

Well, I was thinking on my drive home, if DeSmith is just average, and it looks like Demko's done for the series, maybe longer, does Silovs get game 3? Maybe this will be his Patrick Roy moment, because we aren't winning anything with Casey.

Hard to protect a lead when your team doesn't score. I love silovs but i don't feel like its much on desmith. Defensive lapses, too much telegraphed shots.

Huggy, miller, dak, garland are going to have to conjure miracles

I still believe we can come back if we just get one before end of this period. They can't just give up. We can't give up. 

DeSmith absolutely needs to shut the door the rest of the way. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1