[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Canucks can beat NSH with Casey for sure, other series will be tougher but just taking it 1 game at a time right now!

Typical Canucks luck but we will overcome. GCG

Yeah it sucks, I'd far rather have Demko obviously, but we can still beat them. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

Every cup Jim Rutherford won in his career involve some kind of goalie injuries or unexpected run from back-up goalies:

2006: Cam Ward

2016: Matt Murray

2017: Marc-Andre Fleury + Matt Murray

Maybe just maybe...

• Thanks 1

Starting to appreciate Luongo longevity more and more.  All he had was a shot to be neck overnight stay in Montreal General and that diarrhea in OT. 

This reminds me of Cloutier days.  Can't stay healthy. 

• Thanks 1

If the Canucks play their game I'm still confident that they will beat the Preds in this series, even if Demko is out. Not so confident if Canucks advance to round 2 and Demko is still out.

• Cheers 3

Soros is small and looks soft we can takr this series with a backup goalie …..did anyone not find ig weird that silovs was called up before game 1? Maybe because we have a 1 game lead they want to get demmer more rest to get him to 100% while we can def gonna be interesting tonight were gonna need a lead 

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Well I guess the good news is that he didn't re-aggravate the previous injury.

The obvious bad news is that it's a new injury, and who knows if he'll ever be 100% healthy by the end of the series if we win. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Injury unrelated to any prior injury apparently, Irf tweeted that, Tocchet says it wasn't an old injury.

Just Canuck luck.

Yeah but of course they're gonna say that, Gotta keep the cards close to the chest.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

We are hooped...

Petey, we aren't. If you show up and snipe a few goals and take over a game or two, we can easily win this.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Did he only play that many games because he was injured though? 

Yes, yes he did.

He needs to learn to listen to his body.

I don't think he was overplayed. The target talk was 55-60. He was on target and norm.

• Cheers 1

I'm concerned, but not worried.

Honestly which team do you think is skating onto the ice with more confidence.

NSH being down 1 game in the series, playing in a rocking away arena, or VAN, being up 1 game playing in front of their home crowd, knowing if they can seal this game they go up 2-0 in the series. 

Even with DeSmith in, the boys are skating onto the ice with a lot more confidence than NSH. I'd rather be VAN right now than NSH.

Score first and then dont let off the gas. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, TopCheese said:

Soros is small and looks soft we can takr this series with a backup goalie …..did anyone not find ig weird that silovs was called up before game 1? Maybe because we have a 1 game lead they want to get demmer more rest to get him to 100% while we can def gonna be interesting tonight were gonna need a lead 

Saros was a vezina finalist just two years ago, letx not pretend he's not a top notch goalie

• Upvote 1
  • chaos 1

Just now, stawns said:

Saros was a vezina finalist just two years ago, letx not pretend he's not a top notch goalie

Not this yr.  

And Nux scored on him all the time. That Lindy goal was soft, as an example.