[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

Just now, Pickly said:

@stawns would you let Hronek walk and sign a much older but different defenceman in Pesce and sign Tanev? Honest question 

Not Tanev, no.  We know how that story goes.  I'd see what I hog for hronek and use those assets to find the dman I want, not who I can get.  Honestly, id probably sign Myers at a reasonable price and play him with Hughes.

That said, I'd love to see Pesce in van, but I don't see him leaving Carolina.

• Haha 1

Blaming DeSmith for the lost is insane. Our best players were not the best in this game, period. They were all out of sync. I guess Game 1 took a lot out of them.

They will bounce back for Game 3!

Go Canucks Go!

• Upvote 1

Just now, CaribouCanuck said:

Between over 30 blocked shots and on the receiving end of almost 50 hits you gotta wonder if the Predators are going to have an injury or two. 

I mean, everyone is injured at this time of the year. It's attrition. Whoever can play through it best will win. So far, that looks like the Preds. 

3 minutes ago, Pickly said:

@stawns would you let Hronek walk and sign a much older but different defenceman in Pesce and sign Tanev? Honest question 

Glad you asked I’d say the same but he blocked me cause he’s a pussy and can dish it but can’t take being called on it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Tocchet is good with defensive hockey, but not so much with skill.......and hrs stupidly stubborn 

Be interesting to see how we approach the offseason, it's pretty clear the top six still needs some juice 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I missed what happened to Myers?

Is he injured?

I don't think they've made any kind of announcement.  It was such a late scratch I wonder if he took the pre-game skate and couldn't go 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Not Tanev, no.  We know how that story goes.  I'd see what I hog for hronek and use those assets to find the dman I want, not who I can get.  Honestly, id probably sign Myers at a reasonable price and play him with Hughes.

That said, I'd love to see Pesce in van, but I don't see him leaving Carolina.

Myers cannot play with Hughes. Been there done that

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Between over 30 blocked shots and on the receiving end of almost 50 hits you gotta wonder if the Predators are going to have an injury or two. 

I doubt they could sustain it the rest of the series.

• ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Gonna have to mix it up somehow, it's been cold to lukewarm for a while

One solution, they need to have confidence. Perhaps overthinking too much or doing too much of the same things. We also need Petey's shot back.

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Glad you asked I’d say the same but he blocked me cause he’s a pussy and can dish it but can’t take being called on it 

Pesce would be interesting. Depends on how much he's asking for, and whether we can afford it. Hronek's a few years younger though. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Be interesting to see how we approach the offseason, it's pretty clear the top six still needs some juice 

I know one thing, they can't spend $7m+ on one dman based on one year of playing with Hughes.

They need to spend that elsewhere

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

One solution, they need to have confidence. Perhaps overthinking too much or doing too much of the same things. We also need Petey's shot back.

I think he’s injured. His shot isn’t what it use to be. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

The non stop low to high plays only work if your D-men can get pucks through.

They need more one timers from the slot and crash and bang plays around the net.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah I am skeptical about handing a big contract out I Hronek where i think Tanev would come back for under 4 and Pesce could be had for under 6.5. If Hronek wants 7 and change I’d say it’s worth letting him walk cause he’s a 6 million dollar defenceman at most. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Pesce would be interesting. Depends on how much he's asking for, and whether we can afford it. Hronek's a few years younger though. 

And Pesce is injured and out.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Maybe, but if the answer is really a lack of confidence than it's all the more concerning that it's been an issue for this long 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I know one thing, they can't spend $7m+ on one dman based on one year of playing with Hughes.

They need to spend that elsewhere

Guess we'll see, more than likely we'll end up spending Lindholm's money elsewhere 

Edited by Coconuts