[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

27 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Desmith was not the problem. Our inability to break through on the offense 

DeSmith was not a huge problem, but he didn't make big saves and could have stopped every goal (not saying the goals were weak, but they weren't impossible).

DeSmith didn't lose the game, but I'm hoping for more than that, especially since our offense isn't going to be bailing him out.

9 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Between over 30 blocked shots and on the receiving end of almost 50 hits you gotta wonder if the Predators are going to have an injury or two. 

This

the series will wear on the more passive team

nashville only won due to puck luck

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

What is the scuttle-butt on Myers?

Ya gotta wonder if some of those blocked shots produced at least a few stingers. 

Stick with it ‘Nucks!

The road to the Stanley Cup is a marathon, not a sprint!

Be survivors! 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

Get Mikh and Myers cash off the books and we have the juice.

I'd be fine keeping Myers tbh, we missed him tonight, at the right price of course 

I'd be fine moving Mik if the price wasn't outrageous, I'm tired of paying to dump contracts though 

Could see them just giving him a healthy offseason to recoup 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Mr 11.6 needs to figure his shit out.

Guy gets the expensive extension, guy needs to start delivering. Since the ASG break he has been way too inconsistent. Unfortunately, if he doesn't get going, this team won't survive.  The criticism he is getting is fair...its time for him to be a two way threat.

Just now, Coconuts said:

I'd be fine keeping Myers tbh, we missed him tonight, at the right price of course 

I'd be fine moving Mik if the price wasn't outrageous, I'm tired of paying to dump contracts though 

Could see them just giving him a healthy offseason to recoup 

Good grounded perspective and take. 

30 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I don't want to hear people saying we were the better team.  4-1 nashville

I dont want to hear you talk. Clearly you believe everything you hear, and read.

32 blocked shots for Nashville. Nearly the same as the combined total of shots. We had more chances, couple posts, missed a wide open net and had them under pressure on multiple extended shifts in their zone. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Good grounded perspective and take. 

Honestly, depending on the price to move Mikheyev I'd rather just buy him out in 2025 

One year at 1.9M, one year at 1.3M

Not ideal, but neither is moving anything more than a 3rd and a middling prospect to dump him 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Mr 11.6 needs to figure his shit out.

Guy gets the expensive extension, guy needs to start delivering. Since the ASG break he has been way too inconsistent. Unfortunately, if he doesn't get going, this team won't survive.  The criticism he is getting is fair...its time for him to be a two way threat.

I love Petey. But I agree that the criticism he's receiving is fair. he wants to be "the guy" - well, he's that guy now. It's time to put up, or shut up. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t put much stock into the “week to week” declaration. Any shred of transparency that may exist during the regular season - and there isn’t much - goes completely out the window in the playoffs. Best to just accept that it’s the  DeSmith/Silovs show for Round 1 and likely Round 2 if we make it that far.

Edited by Locke Lamora