[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Didn't someone post in the GDT that Petey looked ill 

I support Petey just as much as any other Canucks but he better have been ill for a while cause that does not explain his lackluster performance the past couple months!

• Upvote 1

Also we did have the edge in possession..These guys just pass too much and try to make the other guy dictate what to do..like playing hot potatoes..Just effin' shoot when they opportunity is there.

Edited by Canuck You

Just now, viking mama said:

I’m fearful that there might be some  classless Preds-fans who may emulate the “Let’s Go Casey” chant to troll DeSmith in his next start in Nashville.

Stay tuned.  

More likely to be classless Canuck fans doing it based on how many hrar are so quick to call Vancouver players trash 

• Sad 1

Just now, stawns said:

That what I was thinking if probably was and that'd good news if true

Problem is flu can be extremely viral and could have exposed other players to it.

At least an injury like one ball Salo isn't contagious.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Canuck You said:

Also we did have the edge on possession..These guys just pass to much and try to make the other guy dictate what to do..like playing hot potatoes..Just effin' shoot when they opportunity is there.

Well, Nashville put on an absolute shot blocking clinic tonight

Just now, T. Demko said:

Problem is flu can be extremely viral and could have exposed other players to it.

At least an injury like one ball Salo isn't contagious.

I'm a teacher, I know all too well how fast virus' can spread amongst a group of people.  Fingers crossed

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I wouldn’t put much stock into the “week to week” declaration. Any shred of transparency that may exist during the regular season - and there isn’t much - goes completely out the window in the playoffs. Best to just accept that it’s the  DeSmith/Silovs show for Round 1 and likely Round 2 if we make it that far.

we're not making it to round 2 with that goaltending duo. 

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

for an individual, yes; but a flu running through the team is worse.

Young adults tend not to get the flu vaccine.  If I was the Nux medical Dr, I would have all of them get it before the playoffs.   Tocchet was out not long ago due to illness.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Well, Nashville put on an absolute shot blocking clinic tonight

Fair, But when you start making extra plays you basically give the opp more time..stop holding on to the puck so long! Shoot and get a dirty goal..maybe on a rebound.

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Mr 11.6 needs to figure his shit out.

Guy gets the expensive extension, guy needs to start delivering. Since the ASG break he has been way too inconsistent. Unfortunately, if he doesn't get going, this team won't survive.  The criticism he is getting is fair...its time for him to be a two way threat.

O RLY? | Teh Meme Wiki | Fandom

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Honestly, depending on the price to move Mikheyev I'd rather just buy him out in 2025 

One year at 1.9M, one year at 1.3M

Not ideal, but neither is moving anything more than a 3rd and a middling prospect to dump him 

Agree. Good point. He's not that much of a liability. He's better with each month after the injury. He'll benefit from a full offseason. So will we as a result. Ride him out. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, viking mama said:

I’m fearful that there might be some  classless Preds-fans who may emulate the “Let’s Go Casey” chant to troll DeSmith in his next start in Nashville.

Stay tuned.  

Oh they will they be BRUTAL to him. Nashville is very nasty.