[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

Just now, Canuck You said:

Fair, But when you start making extra plays you basically give the opp more time..stop holding on to the puck so long! Shoot and get a dirty goal..maybe on a rebound.

I agree, but that's what shot blocking does to you, as a shooter.  You start second guessing and look for the pass instead of the shot

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Good. Not out for the season. 

So it's up to the guys to get by first round.   

I wouldn't be surprised if what they're saying isn't the truth though. 

News of Demko could change by tomorrow. 

Just now, Jaimito said:

Tocchet said it post game interview.

@Rip The Mesh will have it up soon. 

How long has this flu been around the locker room? 

Quarantine the players.

Kids & their plethora of school illnesses can really torpedo a club at play-off time.

Canucks were one of the 1st teams to be nearly wiped-out from even fielding a healthy roster during that Covid year. 

Be vigilant! 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Agree. Good point. He's not that much of a liability. He's better with each month after the injury. He'll benefit from a full offseason. So will we as a result. Ride him out. 

What's his ceiling though for that salary?  They have to move him just to keep others who are more effective.  Mik has not been noticeable all year long.  Real disappointment. One of the reasons they got him was for his SH goals, yet I haven't seen him doing much of that.

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree, but that's what shot blocking does to you, as a shooter.  You start second guessing and look for the pass instead of the shot

I think Nashville continues to block shots. They're sacrificing and laying the body. Canucks need to find a way, if not, season's going to be over pretty quick and Summer's arrived. Golf season. 

Just now, Guntrix said:

The problem wasn't really DeSmith. 

The problem was that our stars were missing from the scoreboard, including our soon-to-be $11.6 million dollar man.

No more than miller or boeser.  I actually thought Petey was pretty engaged tonight.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, vcBrett said:

We will win this series. Nashville is not playing sustainable hockey. All those blocks are going to add up.

You may win a game or two when being heavily outmatched in shot attempts, but that doesnt work for very long.

Nashville gets a lucky tip early to take the lead and Saros made some great saves where if we get the puck up just a little higher then its in. Petey missing a wide open net, Joshua directs a puck off the post, and so many good tips just not connecting right. We outplayed Nashville, no arguing that. But sometimes you dont get the result you deserve, but more often than not you will. We just need to make sure we dont get depressed or start questioning our game and losing confidence.

A lot of Nashville players were limping at times and slow to get up. There are cracks in that wall and we CAN break through.

SO far through two games, its obvious that Nashville is the team taking more bumps, taking more bruises and getting beat up.

That all said, the PP NEEDS to play better, and that starts by being more unpredictable. It doesnt take a hockey genius to draw up a game plan to defend against our PP.

We always go to the obvious places and make the passes everyone can tell were trying to set up. We might as well be calling out every pass we make because its that obvious anyway. It hardly feels like we are taking advantage of having one more guy than the defenders, get it to the net and use your numerical advantage to win those scrums in front, force the forwards to join the scrum in front to create space up high so our point men can get into scoring positions. You also generate less shorthanded opportunities since most shorthanded goals start with a turnover near the blueline. 

This was a frustrating game to watch tho I cant help but feel that if Nashville didnt score on that fist shot attempt we couldve taken this game. 

Nashville is making it difficult to play from behind. All we need to do is win game 3. and were back in control, and we have also been one of the best road teams all year.

The preds better have a lot of ice packs for those shot blocks, because we will be coming hard in game 3.

I think we all knew this would be difficult, and I was b*tchin and moaning all game like most of us I assume. Tho I still believe this will be our series.

Go Canucks Go! Lets steal both games in Nashville!

Exactly this, even if Nashville wins game 3 and goes up 2-1 in the series playing this exact same style of game then by game 4 they are going to be super banged up and worn down. 

Edited by CaribouCanuck
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Guntrix said:

The problem was that our stars were missing from the scoreboard, including our soon-to-be $11.6 million dollar man.

JT was money.  That guy just shows up and signed a contract that's looking really good now compared to Boeser and EP.....and the demands of Hronek.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Exactly my point..I've watched the playoffs this yr and seen other teams just put the puck on net in the weirdest angles and score..We just seem like we need that perfect goal.

Get it on the stick and release and stop playing hot potatoes.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, NHL97OneTimer said:

What's his ceiling though for that salary?  They have to move him just to keep others who are more effective.  Mik has not been noticeable all year long.  Real disappointment. One of the reasons they got him was for his SH goals, yet I haven't seen him doing much of that.

He's certainly not hurting the team out there

• Like 1

Just now, stawns said:

No more than miller or boeser.  I actually thought Petey was pretty engaged tonight.

Agreed. I actually thought Petey was quite good. I saw someone say it was his worst game as a Canuck which is obviously absurd.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

we're not making it to round 2 with that goaltending duo. 

Still think we have a shot in this series. It’s certainly not as solid a shot as it was before Demko popped his knee again. Going from having a goaltending edge to a deficit is sure a kick to the nards.

Just now, Miss Korea said:

DeSmith probably won't win us any games.  He isn't an X-Factor like Saros was tonight.  He had an elite performance.

He shouldn't have to win any games himself against Nashville.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

Exactly!! I don't know what game those people were watching.