[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Yep. Top six aren't producing, so what do we expect? 

A loss. 

Game 3 is going to be huge. We lose that game, and the series could be over. 

Or….it could be 2-1 and we’ve still got a couple cracks at them. You know it takes 4 wins to win a series right?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

55 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

If he was injured, why did he play in Winnipeg?

If he was injured, he'd be out.   Believe what some fans are stipulating, is once the season is over, we will find out that something has been bothering him for while.    It's now including "snake bitten".    Could be something between the ears as well.   Expect maybe a combination.   Even at the start of the year when he was piling up points, myself and a few others made an observation that EP wasn't 100%.   When he is, he can control the pace of the game and dictate the outcome.   Expectations come with a cost.    He's got a big weight on his shoulders now to produce.    

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Kragar said:

It all sucked before I got to see anything. Damn ESPN not having better backups for when OT is on the early game. The real game got moved to ESPN News channel (which I don't get).

And since I pay for ESPN+, you think they could at least put the Canuck feed there.

Half a game effort is not usually gonna get you there. Oh well, hope they learn from the adversity.

And hope Demko and Myers get back soon. Donkey had some nice hits, but enough gaffes, too.

Does ESPN+ not have a feature where you can start the game from the beginning after it’s started? If not that really sucks. On Sportsnet+ when you click on the feed you have the option to watch live or re-start from beginning, which has been a lifesaver for me. Especially Friday with the 4:30p start will be on media blackout until about 8 when I can settle in and watch.

11 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Or….it could be 2-1 and we’ve still got a couple cracks at them. You know it takes 4 wins to win a series right?

Cliff jumping is a little early for that.   We can start that if we are in an elimination game.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Does ESPN+ not have a feature where you can start the game from the beginning after it’s started? If not that really sucks. On Sportsnet+ when you click on the feed you have the option to watch live or re-start from beginning, which has been a lifesaver for me. Especially Friday with the 4:30p start will be on media blackout until about 8 when I can settle in and watch.

Espn+ does but for the playoffs they are only putting the replay on espn+. You need a separate espn for the game and last night was fucked, they moved it to espn news but the online services didn't update so if you clicked the game you got espn2 which showed the florida game. espnews also isn't listed under sports on youtubetv. So dumb.

next 2 games are tbs/streaming on max i hope.

No canucks feed on anything now, whereas we got it for about 90% of regular season. Horrible

Edited by OldFaithfulcap

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Espn+ does but for the playoffs they are only putting the replay on espn+. You need a separate espn for the game and last night was fucked, they moved it to espn news but the online services didn't update so if you clicked the game you got espn2 which showed the florida game. espnees also isn't listed under sports on youtubetv. So dumb.

next 2 games are tbs/strreaming on max i hope.

No canucks feed on anything now, whereas we got it for about 90%. Horrible

Ugh that sucks. PMing you a site

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, spook007 said:

So absolutely we have... Petey missing an open net was unfortunate as was Suter missing two big chances... and Dakota... and... 

If we hadn't been creating chances, I'd be concerned, but we created enough to win a game or two... 

Credit where credit is due... Nashville fought for their lives with blocks and stick etc... 

Brunettes team reminds me of the boring Wild teams we used to struggle with... only one way to kill them is to keep pounding them with shots on goal and get rebounds.... 

Yep on the MIN teams.   That goes back a long way for us.    Nice thing is the series is now a five game one.   Can re-set.    The outcome would have been amazing if up 2-0.    A little adversity never killed anyone either.    Sure the Preds are on a high, and sure the Canucks will re-focus.    Those games after our hot start, where we'd lose one, then come back the next game, included De-Smith.    A lot of back to backs then as well.    Once in the entire season, we lost four in a row.     That's not at all what i'm expecting.   

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, WillisD said:

Wow. Need a canoe for all the tears in this forum. It's one game. I'm not ready to call it quits yet. The team needs positivity. Keep the support up Canucks fans!

a two day break after a loss means it's a good idea to keep a wide berth from this leper colony. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Cliff jumping is a little early for that.   We can start that if we are in an elimination game.   

I don’t understand the »cliff jumping » narrative at all

Team has achieved much more this season than expected.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yep on the MIN teams.   That goes back a long way for us.    Nice thing is the series is now a five game one.   Can re-set.    The outcome would have been amazing if up 2-0.    A little adversity never killed anyone either.    Sure the Preds are on a high, and sure the Canucks will re-focus.    Those games after our hot start, where we'd lose one, then come back the next game, included De-Smith.    A lot of back to backs then as well.    Once in the entire season, we lost four in a row.     That's not at all what i'm expecting.   

I think the minn wild memories as also because brunette was on that team. It was different, we were up a lot then folded. Just hate how historically our offence seems to dry up to teams with one line who just block. 1-1 though and we can change our story.

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, JayDangles said:

So you didn't watch the game then? 

Canucks lead in offensive possession, shots directed at the net, high danger scoring chances. They hit 2 goal posts, missed 2 wide open net shots... and the first NSH goal was total luck...

So yeah, the score can be 3-1 (not too worried about empty net) and the better team can still lose because it's hockey... stop trying to be annoying

I'm not trying to be annoying. I just don't agree with you. 

Forsberg gets a chance.   He scores.

Pettersson gets 3 chances and doesn't score.  Arguably petterssons chances were better chances.  Your saying because we had more chances and more puck possession and pressure that we were the better team. I'm saying I agree with you on those points but that alone doesn't make you better.

We lost the game for the same reason we can't score on the power play. Inability to do what really counts. Score. 

Is Pettersson doesn't figure things out were done, with or without Demko. We can't have our supposed best player missing nets and handing the puck away in his own zone.  

• Cheers 1

i didn't watch the game much last night outside of the first nashville goal coz im sick.. but was desmith bad last night? or the other 2 goals not his fault or were they savable?? coz i saw the highlights and i saw 3 goals on 13 shots and they only had like 30ish shot attempts total in the game?? and as for the canucks.. i see that they have 80+ shot attempts.. but only like 20 shots on goal?? were nashville flying their bodies around blocking shots?? or we are just not moving the puck around opening up lanes and just throwing pucks for the sake of throwing pucks? i think it's insane that 80+ shot attempts and less than 25% of them reaches the net?

Vancouver dominated the game.  The shot attempt counts, how much they were in Nashville’s zone.  Few empty net chances were killer and Saros had some big time saves.

One would think if Nashville is going to rely heavily on blocked shots that Vancouver will tire them out.

Lets ride.

-GJ 

13 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I'm not trying to be annoying. I just don't agree with you. 

Forsberg gets a chance.   He scores.

Pettersson gets 3 chances and doesn't score.  Arguably petterssons chances were better chances.  Your saying because we had more chances and more puck possession and pressure that we were the better team. I'm saying I agree with you on those points but that alone doesn't make you better.

We lost the game for the same reason we can't score on the power play. Inability to do what really counts. Score. 

Is Pettersson doesn't figure things out were done, with or without Demko. We can't have our supposed best player missing nets and handing the puck away in his own zone.  

I think you need to slow down and really think out what you're trying to say.

You say we're not the better team, but then you agree that we played like the better team,.

Then you single out one player as your rationale for why were still not the better team.

Absolutely Petey needs to be better. It's shocking how far his game has sunk.

Absolutely the PP needs to be better. 

Even Miller and Boes need to be better.

BUT

Despite us needing those improvements, we still played a better team game than NSH did last night.

That's a pretty encouraging thought.

• Cheers 1

I think Petey needs to train with the Twins this offseason. He has to regain his shot. And really needs to strengthen his core. I think the Twins can work with him to get his timing, accuracy back. Maybe the Twins can figure out what's going on in his head.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i didn't watch the game much last night outside of the first nashville goal coz im sick.. but was desmith bad last night? or the other 2 goals not his fault or were they savable?? coz i saw the highlights and i saw 3 goals on 13 shots and they only had like 30ish shot attempts total in the game?? and as for the canucks.. i see that they have 80+ shot attempts.. but only like 20 shots on goal?? were nashville flying their bodies around blocking shots?? or we are just not moving the puck around opening up lanes and just throwing pucks for the sake of throwing pucks? i think it's insane that 80+ shot attempts and less than 25% of them reaches the net?

I don't think DeSmith was bad, but he wasn't good either. First Nashville goal was flukey. Forsberg goal was a great play by him. 3rd Nashville goal was a result of a bad turnover by Petey. Nashville did a great job of getting in the shooting lanes. They had something like 32 blocked shots. Canucks shot a ton of pucks wide, many probably because they were trying to get a shot around a Nashville player in the shooting lane. Canucks created a lot of good scoring chances and with some better finishing or puck luck this could have easily been a different game.

21 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but the last time Canucks beat the preds (2011) the series went like this :

Win, Loss, Win, Win, Loss, Win

we good😎

We played good enough to win.  The hope is we keep doing that and next time we do bury the chances we had.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

I think you need to slow down and really think out what you're trying to say.

You say we're not the better team, but then you agree that we played like the better team,.

Then you single out one player as your rationale for why were still not the better team.

Absolutely Petey needs to be better. It's shocking how far his game has sunk.

Absolutely the PP needs to be better. 

Even Miller and Boes need to be better.

BUT

Despite us needing those improvements, we still played a better team game than NSH did last night.

That's a pretty encouraging thought.

I get what your saying.  But I think your missing something here and I'm not trying to annoy you or being disagreeable.  

It seems to me that we are playing like a really great 3rd and fourth line team. Winning puck battles, applying pressure etc. 80 or so shot attempt but a relatively low shots on goal. Missing the net alot.  Take a look at our power play for the last couple of months!!!!  That's a reflection of what I'm seeing in our overall offensive game.  Pretty important to capitalize on your generation dint you think. 

They played better defense than we did which is what wins in the playoffs. Beats me how some can blame Desmith. He would have had to have gotten a shut out for us to have won. 

• Cheers 1