[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

47 hits, plus however many blocked shots. Plus the game 1 beating. NSH will be hurting soon, Burke talks a lot about the accumulation of physical play throughout a series grinding teams down, from where I stand we are the team dishing out most of the pain. 

Attrition.

Keep on them. Break them.

• ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The team is not close to being done. Laughable.

Canucks were not treated nicely by the hockey gods. The carried the play by a huge margin. Sure we were all hoping to leave Van up 2 games. Being positive losing last night might pull the team closer.

DeCasey: didn't lose the game. 

Petey: that gapping net will have given him nightmares last night. People talk about a lingering injury but I don't see anything on the ice that indicates such. It looks like confidence to me. 

Net front: My biggest disappointment in the game was lack of a direct physical challenge infront of the Pred's net. Ya, old school, but I thought they should have crashed the net and bumped the tender. The Preds did that a couple of times against Demko whether intentional or not. Milling about after the whistle, grabbing a jersey and talking isn't enough. Hitting the tender or scrapping is what it will take. Canucks have to show the Preds that they want this series more than they do.  

Not close but if the stars on this team

continue to struggle to get offense and their pp gets nothing, this series won’t be a long one. It’s the biggest issue right now. I also thought the Canucks didn’t do a very good job of getting to the net and screening the goalie. He saw everything.

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Attrition.

Keep on them. Break them.

Lace up the skates Salo. Let's see if they still feel the same about blocking shots after a few bombs from him 😏

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Guadeloupe Jones said:

Vancouver dominated the game.  The shot attempt counts, how much they were in Nashville’s zone.  Few empty net chances were killer and Saros had some big time saves.

One would think if Nashville is going to rely heavily on blocked shots that Vancouver will tire them out.

Lets ride.

-GJ 

They did the rope a dope on us in that game (hopefully we don't get tired and frustrated)

Was good to see the Canucks dominate the game though, as a good sign in a bad outcome

Hopefully we find away to open up space

Had we been dominated all game, I would be concerned, I think the guys will get this done

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think Petey needs to train with the Twins this offseason. He has to regain his shot. And really needs to strengthen his core. I think the Twins can work with him to get his timing, accuracy back. Maybe the Twins can figure out what's going on in his head.

I think he should visit forsberg or someone with more edge. He's being too playoff sedin out there. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think Petey needs to train with the Twins this offseason. He has to regain his shot. And really needs to strengthen his core. I think the Twins can work with him to get his timing, accuracy back. Maybe the Twins can figure out what's going on in his head.

Good idea, not sure what is going on?, remember when just last year when we were a bad team and people were saying Petey wanted to bolt because he stated he wanted to be on a winner (I hope as a passenger is not what he meant) A Stanley Cup team needs intensity and commitment from everyone, and not just being ok

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rmok said:

Just watched a Nashville based hockey podcast. They were all pretty unanimously in agreement that the Preds are lucky as hell to have won that game and be 1-1. That Van has been the better team in both games and in game two Van was the WAAAAAAAYYYY better team but had bad bounces both offensively and defensively. That Petey missing open nets like that isn't something they can depend on. That half the game looked like a Vancouver PP that the ice was so tilted in Vans favor. 

To be honest even though they won the people on that podcast looked shell shocked... They looked and sounded very worried about the series after that game (after a win)  

So for Van fans even though its tied we should take solace in the fact that Van has been the better team in both games and even the preds fans see that. If they keep playing with that intensity they will win. They just need to bare down on shots more, stop hesitating and stop trying to over pass through skates.

Tocchet needs to sit miller, boes and petey down and say listen.. you are shooters on the PP.. if you go out on the next PP and don't move your feet and don't shoot the puck and constantly stand still and pass off then you will sit for the next PP and we will use someone that will shoot the puck. 

The Preds were on their heels for huge swaths of the game. Adding Myers back in will most definitely help. He and Zadorov have been two of the best players in the series so far, with Zadorov being the best player yesterday. 

Miller was trying his hardest to make something happen, as was Hughes. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of Nashville players are nursing injuries from that shooting gallery.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, quattrob said:

Petey at his current state should not be centering a line with Hoggy (hasn't done much so far) and Mik (guy that can't score atm).  You're just making it worse for Petey when he has linemates that aren't helping.  So you gotta either give him Boeser or garland/Dak.. or put him with Miller and Boeser.  

Yup, I agree Hoglander has done jack squat. I really noticed him yesterday ... in a bad way. Everyone else was going hard but I saw him sitting on the edge of scrums way to often and not flying in on the forecheck and making life miserable for the opposition like he usually does.

I would put him back on the fourth line, maybe bring in Aman and move Lindy to the Petey line with Mik and put Blueger back with Joshua and Garland, or like you say give Petey some kind of quality linemate to help him out.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Preds were on their heels for huge swaths of the game. Adding Myers back in will most definitely help. He and Zadorov have been two of the best players in the series so far, with Zadorov being the best player yesterday. 

Miller was trying his hardest to make something happen, as was Hughes. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of Nashville players are nursing injuries from that shooting gallery.  

Yeah man that and couple of those hits last night! Few guys will be banged up. They'll need to keep battling like this to win without Demmer, they just gotta put the puck in the net. But definitely keep the if you getting in the way your gonna feel it mindset! 

• Vintage 1

I hope Tocchet demands a rigorous, grueling off season training plan for Pettersson. He needs to build a lot more strength, falls down too much, gets pushed down, bullied off the puck. Just so soft (aside from his sneaky reverse hit). The body language with missing shots as well, falling to his knees and looking at the sky. 

Someone should replace the title with "PETEY"

Image result for platoon

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just watched the highlights of the Panthers vs Lightning....we aren't going very far without Demko. I really like Casey and think he's excellent this job , but he's a career backup. Sorry not wanting to be negative. 

4 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah man that and couple of those hits last night! Few guys will be banged up. They'll need to keep battling like this to win without Demmer, they just gotta put the puck in the net. But definitely keep the if you getting in the way your gonna feel it mindset! 

Wear them down. The Canucks are the superior team both in offense and defense, it looked as though Nashville wanted it more. That and Saros is a far better goalie than DeSmith could ever hope to be.

• MillerTime 1

2 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

Just watched the highlights of the Panthers vs Lightning....we aren't going very far without Demko. I really like Casey and think he's excellent this job , but he's a career backup. Sorry not wanting to be negative. 

Nothing wrong with being realistic. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I hope Tocchet demands a rigorous, grueling off season training plan for Pettersson. He needs to build a lot more strength, falls down too much, gets pushed down, bullied off the puck. Just so soft (aside from his sneaky reverse hit). The body language with missing shots as well, falling to his knees and looking at the sky. 

Someone should replace the title with "PETEY"

Image result for platoon

That was especially embarrassing. Ok you missed the net. Get up and get back into position ready to score again. Being melodramatic isn't going to win the game.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

18,000 people chanting at Casey seconds into the game and before he’s even touched the puck was a really stupid thing to do. As if he wasn’t already under enough of a spotlight.

I'm watching and hearing that.

"Let's go, Casey"

" Let's Go, Casey"

goals goes in, and in my head I hear

"Timing's, everything".