[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

53 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

No shit hey. You're in the playoffs for the first time in 10 years. Tied 1-1 after a 109 point season you spineless waste of skin. 

You're not even going to cheer on your team because we have a backup goalie in. Brain deads idiots.

Question is, as the bandwagon empties, how many people will stretcher their way back?   Live feed, after a 1-1 series and the news of Demko, and the wagon parked by a cliff, Jumping See Ya GIF by Outside TVthis kid at least is doing it in style. 

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Agreed. Likening someone making a choice to sell their ticket to being a spineless waste of skin is sad. 

I think it’s less about the selling of the ticket and more about the choice to publicly state they do not believe in the team.

“Spineless waste of skin” may be a bit extreme but I agree with the sentiment that the person appears to be lacking fortitude.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I saw things different.

I predict a break out game from Petey in Nashville. He had a lot of looks last night, could have potted a couple. Should have potted a couple.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Get him away from the home town media and gumpy fans, I think its time for him. Maybe I'm wrong , we'll see.

The hits, the chances last night...really good stats.

If they put more of those chance on net, we win that game. Need to calibrate the sights and get on target.

Without Demko, our chance of a long run have taken a big hit. Yet, there is a reason the NHL has 7 game playoffs. Any given Sunday stuff, the better team doesn't always win one- off games.

I know I am being that annoying optimist again but i see a lot of good. I still have hope. It was just one game. 

You are not being annoyingly optimistic... The team played great and had more attempts than I can remember in most of our pre playoffs games... no matter what, you need a bit of puck luck, and the boys didn't have it...

I bet you, when Tocchet and the coaches goes through the game, they will have a lot of confidence going into the next games in Nashville. It would have been diggerent, had they not created anything, bit that was hardly the case. 
in the 3rd in particular it looked like we were on the PP most of the half, and Nasville were fighting for their lives. Just keep smashing them and hammering pucks at them, and they will fold... we are not going to miss chances like this again...

Miller has an extra gear, Petey was starting to warm up in the 3rd and should, despite all the moaning, have had a goal, which would have stopped the unhappiness about him. 
Onwards and Upwards 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Putting Silovs into a high pressure scenario may not get the result folks want either. Yes, he's played some games on a big stage for Latvia but I'll be a little surprised if the coaching staff don't go with the guy who has extensive NHL experience. Silovs may be the backup next season, but for the time being I'd run with DeSmith. DeSmith probably gets a chance to step back in, if he gets lit up maybe then the coaching staff will be faced with a tougher goaltending decision.

It's still early going, Georgiev got absolutely lit up in game one against the Jets, bounced back well last night. 

More often than not we probably win if we play how we did last night, even with our powerplay not scoring on four separate chances. 

We're probably missing two top six players, we're missing at least one. We knew that leading up to acquiring Lindholm, we knew that after acquiring Lindholm. 

Pettersson's pretty inexperienced come playoff time, most of our core is, that's why getting this experience is so important. Even if we go out this season we'll be better for it. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Podz slot in, it's easier to tinker with the bottom six. Di Guiseppe only played 9:42 last night, Lafferty only played 10:08, Suter only played 10:59. 

DeSmith should get the next game but his play will likely tell the tale if he gets game 4 or not. Who knows how long Demko will be out? 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

DeSmith should get the next game but his play will likely tell the tale if he gets game 4 or not. Who knows how long Demko will be out? 

He's week to week, what that means is anyone's guess

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, YourHuckleberry said:

I think it’s less about the selling of the ticket and more about the choice to publicly state they do not believe in the team.

“Spineless waste of skin” may be a bit extreme but I agree with the sentiment that the person appears to be lacking fortitude.

You see, lacking fortitude is the right way to put it. 

Val Kilmer Reaction GIF

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

84 shot attempts is allot but believe it or not, it could even be more. PowerPlay must be better.

Rewatching a lot of the game again, noticed too many of our shots were from the perimeter. Nashville had 30 blocks, but we took so many from the outside that it was almost easy for them to make the ready to get in front of it. The team needs to attack the middle more which goes along with Tocchet's mantra of "embrace the pain". Meaning - get to the middle of the ice and take the punishment to get the looks you want. Which in my mind means 3 things: 1) the team needs to move their feet more 2) willing to have the courage to go to the harder areas of the ice more frequently to battle 3) execute well when you get to those places.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Sell.the.team said:

Casey has to be out... I don't care if some of the goals weren't his fault.  He should have been pulled at 3-0 IMO.  I am tired of hearing pundits and fans alike describe him as some sort of strategic addition that is a valuable part of this team... he was a cap dump we were forced to take back in the Pearson trade (a situation we were hamstrung on due to cap considedrations).  Yes, he's shown flashes of great play this season in a limited role, but he has also had many mediocre performances, especially down the stretch when he was the starter.  Silvos has far more upside and should be the backup of the future (should he want to stay here). 

Our second line (whatever it is) is rotten and needs to be fixed.  I would propose Lotto Line as first line with Garly, Lindholm, and Dak having second line minutes.  The bottom 6 can be rotated as needed based on who is playing well together.  I really like guys like Laff and Suter, but I am tired of seeing them playing so high up the lineup.  Other guys like Hoglander and Mikheyev have been moreless invisible so far and Toch needs to do something to get them going.

Podz should be in the lineup..... he played great down the stretch.  Keeping him out at this juncture is doing a disservice to team and his future.  

Petey needs to get over his yips... I am sure he will. At least he was getting some good looks lately.

We dominated last game for the most part and should be able to pull through... However, we can't afford to let this series slip away.

Really? How many more goals did DeSmith allow after we were down 0-3? What exactly would that pull accomplish?

• Cheers 2

45 minutes ago, Heretic said:

You're not going to win many playoff games scoring only 1 goal, unless you have Martin Brodeur in his prime.

Luongo did this too.  Just saying.  

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

13 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Good on the fans at Rogers for not giving up!!

I was there last night and made lots of noise as it was my first playoff game ever! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, YourHuckleberry said:

Who is selling their ticket? I will buy it for game 5 (depending on where in the arena) as have some interested in going with me to the game ... DM and then please go join the Oilers fan club if you don't believe in this team. 

image.gif.59b1b0b7dc232240c2a944c03c921b07.gif

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Theo5789 said:

Hope this isn't getting around the room

Same as saying he has a lower body injury, but really has a stiff neck.   Don't read anything into this.   At least we know he won't miss many games - that's what the actual message is. 

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Putting Silovs into a high pressure scenario may not get the result folks want either. Yes, he's played some games on a big stage for Latvia but I'll be a little surprised if the coaching staff don't go with the guy who has extensive NHL experience. Silovs may be the backup next season, but for the time being I'd run with DeSmith. DeSmith probably gets a chance to step back in, if he gets lit up maybe then the coaching staff will be faced with a tougher goaltending decision.

It's still early going, Georgiev got absolutely lit up in game one against the Jets, bounced back well last night. 

More often than not we probably win if we play how we did last night, even with our powerplay not scoring on four separate chances. 

We're probably missing two top six players, we're missing at least one. We knew that leading up to acquiring Lindholm, we knew that after acquiring Lindholm. 

Pettersson's pretty inexperienced come playoff time, most of our core is, that's why getting this experience is so important. Even if we go out this season we'll be better for it. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Podz slot in, it's easier to tinker with the bottom six. Di Guiseppe only played 9:42 last night, Lafferty only played 10:08, Suter only played 10:59. 

Two key notes in ur post:

"More often than not we probably win if we play how we did last night": EXACTLY

"even without our PP": That is a HUGE problem! We need the PP to be successful; its the dagger! If Petey buries that easy shot last night, the game is diff.

And three more overlying issues:

• Petterson needs to get his ass moving. That missed empty net and his total reluctance to take are shot in general is alarming. Top that off with a give away that resulted in a goal....pathetic!
  • Someone needs to make up some missing posters for Beoser; for a >6' guy he is invisible.  At least smoke someone if your going to be a no show on Offense.
  • DeSmith needs to make that first save; so deflating! The whole arena is literally supporting him, and he gives up that goal...brutal!
  • Podz over PDG; just opens up more opportunities and he is more physical

56 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He's week to week, what that means is anyone's guess

Lets be real.. it means he's out for the playoffs. 

The original injury he left the game under his own power with no limp or even sign of injury.. and he was gone for weeks. 

3 games back and he's out with an injury to the same knee. He's not coming back and even if he did you couldn't depend on him after a game to not be injured again.