[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

If someone can't afford $700 for a hockey game, that I totally get, but I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for anyone because a hockey game didn't play out the way they wanted. It's a game of hockey. They can go a lot of ways. People expecting to get a top notch excitement filled win every time they go are out to lunch. That's not how it works.

This guy is a complete putz though. He's not even complaining about a crappy performance he witnessed, he's not going to a game in the future, which he planned on doing 3 days ago, because ... hmmm he doesn't think it's worth watching his team play in 3rd game of the first round of the playoffs?

I don't really feel bad for him at all. In fact I think he's a complete imbecile of epic proportions. Who in their right mind doesn't want to watch their 109 point team competing 3 games into the Stanley Cup?

Not a real fan.   He/she/them should just donate the tickets.   Sure there would be plenty of folks on this site that would be excited to go see the game win or lose. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

They’ve had 60+ games to adjust their PowerPlay since teams figured it out and they haven’t. Pettersson has had 8 weeks to figure out his slump and he hasn’t. 

Valid points.  They either adjust or pack up their stuff early.  I'd like to think that they'll do the former.  I'm not ready to give up on them just yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Höglander - Lindholm - Podkolzin

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Mikheyev - Suter - Lafferty

Go back to what got us here and we're finishing this series in six games at the most. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

All the fault is not on Desmith. Yes he let in an early stinker and out of position for it. Definitely disheartening starting down a goal but our forwards need to get the pucks in. Too many close chances with posts or blocks. I think we will be better next game. We will figure them out. Sucks that Myers is out too. I really liked his play in the first game. Juulsen although physical had some sloppy moments. I guess that happens when you’ve been sitting for too long. Im not sure why coaches did not play Juulsen for a couple games to end the season and given Cole/Myers off days????

31 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

they passed on a lot of shooting opportunities off the rush, the old "shot and a rebound," plan did not seem to be something they wanted to try...but Nashville did omg their 3rd goal...

I still think it looks like petey put that rebound in his own net after the give away. My eyes may be playing tricks on me but it looks like his stick that knifes it behind desmith. 

I still think we win this in 6.  We were the much better team last night.  I trust our skill guys will adjust and get more shots through, and capitalize on the ones we missed.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rmok said:

I still think it looks like petey put that rebound in his own net after the give away. My eyes may be playing tricks on me but it looks like his stick that knifes it behind desmith. 

That was an own goal to me. The Nashville player was on his backhand and didn't look like he had strength to shoot on the backhand. Petterson was trying to clear the puck and ended up shooting right at our own net. 

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Go back to what got us here and we're finishing this series in six games at the most. 

That line up isn't what got them there. And the lotto line has been pretty much terrible when together outside of that 3 or 4 games on the road. There is a reason it hadn't been used in a long time. With the three of them together NOBODY skates hard.. nobody gets in on the forecheck. And they spend way to much time trying to make a pretty play. Petey is supposed to be a superstar he needs to figure his shit out and produce regardless of wingers.. and make his wingers better. Hogs has 25 goals this year. Its not like he has no talent on the ice with him. He just doesn't move his feet at all. As soon as the puck is on his stick he glides.. or stops .. or tries to lean on the person checking him rather than separate from them, make a play or just drive the net and attack with the puck. He is always standing still or gliding and he wasn't like that when he came into the league.. go look at his rookie year highlights its all rushes and shots and directly attacking the net and one timers. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

I get what your saying.  But I think your missing something here and I'm not trying to annoy you or being disagreeable.  

It seems to me that we are playing like a really great 3rd and fourth line team. Winning puck battles, applying pressure etc. 80 or so shot attempt but a relatively low shots on goal. Missing the net alot.  Take a look at our power play for the last couple of months!!!!  That's a reflection of what I'm seeing in our overall offensive game.  Pretty important to capitalize on your generation dint you think. 

They played better defense than we did which is what wins in the playoffs. Beats me how some can blame Desmith. He would have had to have gotten a shut out for us to have won. 

Yes fair enough, but what I saw last night was a very good team game, one where we definitely outplayed NSH. 

Where we fell short was some individual efforts. Individual misses or finishes or mistakes.

The team, structure and execution was all there.

The powerplay is another beast. But to me it's individuals. Petey and Boes don't really seem to be doing much individually. Miller had a tough night also.

• Thanks 1

The process was good last game just keep doing what they’re doing and try and get more pucks through.

Unlikely that they keep missing that many shots and Nashville keeps getting in front of that many.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

This is why teams take multiple tries to get to the promised land and why you don't sell the farm on your first try.  A lot of things out of your control have to go right to be successful in the playoffs.

Like JR said beginning of the year, we can get to the promised land if  everything goes right. That includes 

1) goaltending 

2) special teams

3) our stars shine

4) staying healthy 

When we check those boxes imo, we'll get there

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The process was good last game just keep doing what they’re doing and try and get more pucks through.

Unlikely that they keep missing that many shots and Nashville keeps getting in front of that many.

I think Canucks will do better job next game in spreading the Preds out creating more shooting lanes, and getting it on target 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Pears said:

Suter missed a couple opportunities. Would love to see him off the Miller line. I personally wouldn’t mess with the Joshua Lindholm Garland line though. Felt like that’s been our best line. 

I hope Demko's injuries will alleviate sooner then later. So far as I know, Ian Clark is still there and there must be a way to alter his of pushing from pipe to pipe, yet not deterring his effectiveness and trying to be a little less active in the crease.

7 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Suter missed a couple opportunities. Would love to see him off the Miller line. I personally wouldn’t mess with the Joshua Lindholm Garland line though. Felt like that’s been our best line. 

It has been but Lindholm's abilities are being wasted in the bottom six. Joshua-Blueger-Garland was the best third line in the NHL by a country mile while they were together. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Darius said:

But i dont want to sugar coat this - DeSmith scares me.  He has gone downhill fast int he last half of the season.  51st in save percentage in the list of goalies that have played more than 20 games.  Not good - and i think it affects the team in between their ears when he is in net.  Cant take the same risks, dont have that security blanket behind you. Having that first shot go in like that is a really hard pill to swallow in the playoffs.

To be fair to DeSmith, its not like that was a clear sight shot on goal that absolutely should have. 100% been a save. That shot was going far side, DeSmith had to look over the screen of O-Reilly+Hughes. He sees the shot going to his left and because he loses sight of the puck his best bet to make that save is to square up to the puck, hence why he slides over, then the puck takes a 45 degree turn the other way. In order for DeSmith to get back the other way he has to push off which requires him to have to scrunch his outer leg up and push off back the other way. The problem with that is it requires his body/right pad to move further away from the puck before he can explode back the other way. He had no real chance unless he had legs like Vaseline, or some 6’6” goalie whos legs are a longer.

IMG_4011.thumb.jpeg.d073369c3391c9b720cc1f78bff5a00b.jpegIMG_4013.thumb.jpeg.afd1ac9c67730794911aa389b14a2824.jpeg

Its pretty hard to blame DeSmith, he even dropped back in the net to give himself some space for reaction to a bounce off the screen. He started at the top and then slid over and slightly back in his crease

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YourHuckleberry said:

I think it’s less about the selling of the ticket and more about the choice to publicly state they do not believe in the team.

“Spineless waste of skin” may be a bit extreme but I agree with the sentiment that the person appears to be lacking fortitude.

Thank you ... I should have used the My Huckleberry filter feature in the first place. 😅

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You see, lacking fortitude is the right way to put it. 

Val Kilmer Reaction GIF

lol, my apologies for upsetting your delicate sensibilities Mr. Blunt. I should have said it's absolutely pathetic to make such statements publicly. The tweeter is perhaps not a completely useless human being as I initially purported (here on a fan forum 😶‍🌫️) , but they are shallow as hell that's for sure.

Some of don't have thousands of dollars to blow going to a playoff hockey game in the first place. Secondly, we wouldn't turn around and complain about our precious $700 and our frivolous expectations for it to the world. Just sell it if you don't want it and shut up. Thirdly and probably most important, we wouldn't completely sell our team out 3 games into a 1-1 series for such petty and self absorbed reasoning. Talk about someone you wouldn't want to lean on in any type of adversity whatsoever. Strikes me as the type of person who wouldn't bother to lift a finger to help someone in dire need.

Like sell your ticket if you want chump (not talking about you), but the reasoning behind it and lack of fortitude is stupendously amazing. It's hard to be a more shallow human being at a causal glance, and then to go ahead and advertise it at the same time. I felt obliged to comment and call out pure aholeness when I see it.

• Cheers 3

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Some Canucks fans seem to think they’ll never face adversity in the playoffs.

Let’s not forget we were up 3 games to none in the first round before dropping 3 in a row. We weren’t exactly getting stellar goaltending either.

Some fans aren’t cut out for playoffs and it shows. 

We're as fragile as the players?

We only made the playoffs twice in the previous 10 years, and only won 2 rounds...

My heart is saying we can still win this, my brain is saying "Are you f'n kidding me???  We'll be lucky to win 1 more game!"

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think the Canucks blue line should just keep pelting them with pucks. They will not enjoy blocking them after awhile. And I may end up injuring them. Not saying make it intentional but I don’t want the guys to change up and avoid point shots because they will be blocked. Just keep bombing it. Eventually one will bounce in like Nashvilles first goal on game two. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Yup.  I've been through the 94, WCE runs, and 11.  You suit up, metaphorically, with the team and join the battle.  When you win the first game you are like Mel Gibson in Braveheart, ecstatic, covered in blood, your sword in the air, bellowing "GO CANUCKS GO!"

Then the next game you may lose in the most frustrating way. A knife in the gut.

But you learn that you have to just pull that knife out, even if you are not able to until the next morning.  Wipe the blood off, bandage up, forget the last battle, and get ready to go out and cheer like crazy and be willing to put your emotions on the line again. And deal with the consequences after. And every round you make it to, for every game the glory is more spectacular, and the losses cut even deeper.

If you're not ready to handle that, you shouldn't watch.

e0790a3e438cf8c7ac4a47f01cd8845a1a857888

• ThereItIs 1