[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

13 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

McDavid  has 1 goal and 2 assists in three games vs Vancouver this season. We’ve got him covered. That’s a big reason we swept the season series.

2 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Don't forget who was out for Edmonton though

I think McDavid chickened out of the fourth game anyways . 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

pettersson-miller-boes

joshua-lindholm-garland

hoglander-blueger-lafferty

mikheyev-suter-podkolzin

pp1

joshua, garland, miller, boeser, hughes 

pp2

hoglander, pettersson, lindholm, hronek, zadorov. 

Splitting the talent between 2 pp units seldom works. All the best pp units are loaded up. 

id go with Lindholm miller pettersson boeser and Hughes. Let them work through it. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

Maybe throw Hogz back on the 4th line with Lafferty. They were dynamite together. That would be huge to get the 4th line going again.

Then can re-unite Blueger, Garly, Joshua and move Lindholm up to the top 6. 

Would love to see Hoglander-Lafferty-Podkolzin….. 

I’d say give that a try. 

• Cheers 1

Don't get me wrong, EP pisses me off all the time. He reminds me of a stiff, lost C3PO wandering thru the desert. 

But

He is 25. 
this is his first experience being a main guy on a contender playing big games. His skill didnt just go away. He cares, he tries, and he is hard on himself. He will figure this out and he will be better. I

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

The contrast between how Garland and Petey handle their size issues is striking. One would dismiss Garland right away with his size, but he uses it to his advantage. He often slips around players because he is smaller and when he gets hit he still manages to keep moving. Petey on the other hand seems to fall down more often and hits disrupt his play. 

I was always concerned about playoff Petey atm he is struggling to find out how to play in more physical playoff style hockey. It felt like Tocchet was saying that maybe this is his playoff learning year and next year he will be more ready for it. Hopefully he can figure it out soon, but a series can quickly be short.

Just a confidence issue/gripping the stick too tight imo. He played great vs bigger more physical teams like the Blues and Knights.

Just now, LaBamba said:

Don't get me wrong, EP pisses me off all the time. He reminds me of a stiff, lost C3PO wandering thru the desert. 

But

He is 25. 
this is his first experience being a main guy on a contender playing big games. His skill didnt just go away. He cares, he tries, and he is hard on himself. He will figure this out and he will be better. 

EP needs an oil bath.  

8 minutes ago, Messier_Sucks said:

Splitting the talent between 2 pp units seldom works. All the best pp units are loaded up. 

id go with Lindholm miller pettersson boeser and Hughes. Let them work through it. 

it's not splitting the talent, it's putting your two best forward pairs on the first unit with your best defenceman.

6 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

But

He is 25. 
this is his first experience being a main guy on a contender playing big games. His skill didnt just go away. He cares, he tries, and he is hard on himself. He will figure this out and he will be better. I

FYI, Linden was 23 and Bure was 22 when they made it to game 7 of the SCF IN 94'. 

Petey needs a mental adjustment.

As a young guy someone needs to tell him to stop trying to lift the weight of the world on his shoulders and just let all the fan support propel him to bigger better things.

It's confidence baby.  Believe in yourself Petey and you will turn it around.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Sucks that Demko might be out the whole series maybe longer. After everything this team has done this season it might come to an end. Key word: might. 

I think the Canucks need to sharpen up their play. With better team defence we should be able to offset the difference Demko would make. Desmith is no Demko and the loss is going to be huge. But I think at least for this round we could manage with better play and finish.

After one of the best seasons in 10 years and Demko playing at top form, it's definitely not how I'd hoped their playoffs would start. Maybe DeSmith can rise to the occasion? Maybe this series will get DeSmith playing at a higher level. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I'm confused. What's the intent?

It's called Smashville for a reason.  They did that in 2011 too.  

Also, expect a dead catfish on ice Fri night.  

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

what u need to do is go back to basics if the confidence is so poor the passng is off, the bounces go wrong, the sticks break and u keep passing instead of shooting...im surprised u have a pretty good mood. u need to get angy get even and come back with a vengeance like theres no f-n tomorrow. they ahve the skillset and gotta do everything they can not to let things go the way it did in the last game. we could have scored 5 goals more with the chances we had while preds increased their stat for blocking shots. we ARE a better team....just do it.

• Cheers 1