[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

Sell the team...

Just kidding. Petterson obviously nervous. I honestly feel bad for the guy. Clearly trying to pass vs shoot. Had literally an empty net AND a like 60% empty net when Saros came across and he tried the saucer pass. But honestly?

It's not funny anymore. Our Powerplay is a problem. Like full crisis. Yeah we played better but we didn't cash out when it counted. Even if we beat Nashville through hockey gods + grit we won't beat other teams with our poop powerplay. Imma need the boys to take their pants off their head asap.

GOOD SHOWING FROM THE FANS THO. THAT'S WHAT I LIKE. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Lots of focus will be on Petey, and deservedly so, but I don’t think Miller has been good enough either. I think Hughes has had some miscues but overall I think he’s been fine. Boeser had an excellent year, but I’m not sure he has the ability to ramp up to playoff speed.

I’ve been a Myers defender all year and when you see how the team looks without him I feel vindicated.

If Demko is out for the entirety, this series now feels like a 50-50 proposition to me.

Don't forget guys like Hogz, Mik, Lafferty etc. These supporting cast guys need to step up when the top guys are being shut down.

Don't know if Hogz even played in the 3rd.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Oh Petey where art thou???? Wakey wakey time to show the fuck up

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This team only goes as far as he takes them. And right now, it's not looking like they're going to go very far. He shouldn't be mad, because his play has been complete shit since the All Star break. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Tough game.  So many things went wrong from the start.   

No Demko, no Meyers.  

First shot deflected and went in. 

Nux were the dominant team for the most part.   Need to find a way to get shots through.

It's going to be long series.  Need to win the next game.  

The dominent team doesn't lose 4-1

Just now, JayDangles said:

Ummm we were...

Or did you not watch the game?

You aren't the better team when you lose 4.   1.  

We had alot of possession but they shut us down and when we had a chance no execution.    32  - 6 in blocked shots for Nashville. 

DeSmith was a little off but he wasn’t the sole reason for losing that. 

A lot of it was bad luck but also a lot of it was the star players didn’t show up, the team wasn’t nearly as physical, they didn’t pass as well, they didn’t handle the puck as well. They didn’t do nearly as good of a job stopping Nashville and on the rush as they did last game. 

it’s so frustrating because it feels like they should have been able to win that game. 

Edited by CaribouCanuck

3 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

man...i woke up thinkin this was gonna b another win...demko in net and petey getting some confidence back. instead we saw a heapload of players squeezng their sticks too tight. passes off the mark, bounces when in close or on the boards, passes when they should have been shooting, sticks breaking, penalties against us...what started as pa decent 1st ended in disaster. this sux but i dontthink this was a bad team effort. this was a perfect example of when the hockeygods turns thir backs on us and simply cant get things right. on to the next one.....we ARE the better team!!!

terminator ill be back GIF

The hockey gods have been laughing in our faces for decades.  Just when we thought we had strength at all the key positions, we lose our goaltender to injury.  It's a fucking joke now.  Fuck the hockey gods.  

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This team only goes as far as he takes them. And right now, it's not looking like they're going to go very far. He shouldn't be mad, because his play has been complete shit since the All Star break. 

Ya and he isn’t just going to flip a switch like everyone is hoping. He knows he’s been bad the last few months and you don’t think he’s trying? This is him trying. This is it folks. Sadly. He’s had ample time to get his shit together.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Things I learned in the last two hours:

You can’t win in the playoffs with Petey. Sorry, I’d rather not see another decade of almosts and mediocrity. I’m beseeching management: go with Lindholm and get a bunch of assets for EP40 while you can.

We have a goalie problem. Demko is going to be injured all the time now, and is unreliable when it counts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1