[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

6 minutes ago, Rebelnuck said:

Somebody posted in another thread highlights of Peteys first few years. He used to skate fast, deaked the jocks off defenders and have a wicked wrister. Add in the booming slap shot on the PP. 

Does any of that describe the player we have watched for the past few months?  His feet barely move any more and dont  get me started on his lack of shooting 

He also has less time and space than earlier in his career as he becomes a player to contend with. It isn't the only factor. I still wonder about a nagging injury that throw off his timing and shot power just a bit (groin or ab issues can really do that). Or just plain confidence. We'll see over the next few games if the latter I suspect.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Partially but on only on 1 of the four goals. The rest of the defeat goes on the team especially EP40 with that give away and his very sketchy play most but not all of the night and the teams inability to work through the Preds shot blocking tactics which are very obvious & effective against the canucks outside perimiter style of play.   

The team will need to drive to the net more and make more of their shots hit the net as many went wide all night as usual due to their High Flex uncontrollable sticks.  i would strongly suggest the put a big body in front of the net too on PP1 like Big Z or Dakota.

Yes for sure. 

It seems to me going back to the Joshua, Bluegar, Garland trio where on many nights getting hailed as our best line, that something went a little sideways with our 1st 2 lines. 

Wasn't that around the same time our pp went Mia?

It seems at times with our great puck pressure and good possession numbers that we are icing 3 really good 3rd lines and a fourth. 

Creativity and talent seem to have gone astray.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Yes fair enough, but what I saw last night was a very good team game, one where we definitely outplayed NSH. 

Where we fell short was some individual efforts. Individual misses or finishes or mistakes.

The team, structure and execution was all there.

The powerplay is another beast. But to me it's individuals. Petey and Boes don't really seem to be doing much individually. Miller had a tough night also.

I thought Miller had a tough night as well. Alot of high risk passing and lost possession. There doesn't seem to be much cohesion between our skilled guys.

33 minutes ago, stawns said:

Jesus Christ I'm getting tired of the Petey dumping ground......... he's not the only one not producing.  Miller has one point, boeser is completely invisible, hogz is invisible.  At least petey is still playing well and getting chances.

Honestly this is it, everyone bashing Petey but at least we notice him. Miller has 1 assist. Boeser the same. Our leading scorers are Joshua and Zadorov. None of the top 6 are getting it done, not just Petey. Hoglander and Boeser have generated nothing. 

I had a feeling our offence could dry up when we made the Kuzmenko swap, we went for a more defensive center which is great in some situations, but we were lacking scoring wingers and lost one.

• Thanks 1

at this point they might as well put EP and reunite the lotto line.. Hoglander is invisible and benched.. the other winger is playing musical chair.. EP is played in a whole bunch of position in the same game.. might as well just have the lotto line together and see if they can get anything going.. moving a player up and down the lineup playing different positions usually don't end up working

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

It's going take everyone to win this series.  

Too many underperforming guys.  

Bruins just won their game tonight because they won the special teams battle.

If Canucks dormant power play started to produce, there would me much less chatter about certain players letting the team down. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Perfect shot by Marchand,

Marchand isn't a better shooter than Petie. C'mon 40 shoot it.

Difference between 40 and the rat is compete level, aggression,  and confidence. Petie has to find that swagger. Not wilt like a wall flower.

46 minutes ago, Rebelnuck said:

Don't ask to get paid if you can't handle the heat.
Everyone warned that people would turn when he wanted the big payday; now he has it and all eyes are on him to produce like the 11 million dollar man. It's not going to change for the next 8 years might as well get used to it. Miller wisely took a discount to avoid these issues 

Is he getting paid $11m right now?  No?  So then that's a straw man argument, no?

14 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

at this point they might as well put EP and reunite the lotto line.. Hoglander is invisible and benched.. the other winger is playing musical chair.. EP is played in a whole bunch of position in the same game.. might as well just have the lotto line together and see if they can get anything going.. moving a player up and down the lineup playing different positions usually don't end up working

The Lotto Line has not been relevant for quite awhile now and they are definitely aren't going to do any better with this tighter checking. Who is going to forecheck on that line? :classic_biggrin:

Petey has been tried with pretty much every forward on the team. Its all on him now. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Bruins just won their game tonight because they won the special teams battle.

If Canucks dormant power play started to produce, there would me much less chatter about certain players letting the team down. 

Yep went 2/3 and TO? 0/5

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Don't get me wrong, EP pisses me off all the time. He reminds me of a stiff, lost C3PO wandering thru the desert. 

But

He is 25. 
this is his first experience being a main guy on a contender playing big games. His skill didnt just go away. He cares, he tries, and he is hard on himself. He will figure this out and he will be better. I

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

So he's only playing to the 7M level?

So he'll be way better next year.

I'm saying you can't use the argument that he's fair game because he's making $11m........ he's not.

Regardless, what kind of person is so insecure and fragile that they need to do that kind of thing towards a player on a team you cheer for?

I've advocated hard for miller to be traded, but it was never because I thought he was a trash player and even if I thought that, id never shout it from the rooftop.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Is he getting paid $11m right now?  No?  So then that's a straw man argument, no?

He is the second highest paid forward on the team and next year he will be the highest paid player on the team. Whats your argument? He is a top paid player who is not playing like it, period.

I don't want to psychoanalysis Petty but I'm wondering if he is enjoying the gaming / streaming lifestyle moreso than hockey at the moment.

Gaming / streaming is easy..hockey is HARD. Hard on the body, mind, etc.

Steaming he can have a plethora of followers who LOVE him and don't complain or bitch at him like fans. Less pressure.

He could make more money steaming if he became popular...

Ah, all speculation and unsubstantiated musings.

• Haha 3

Just now, EdgarM said:

He is the second highest paid forward on the team and next year he will be the highest paid player on the team. Whats your argument? He is a top paid player who is not playing like it, period.

Well he's not playing any worse than any of the other high priced players, so why single him out?  And he's still playing well, just not putting up numbers.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'm saying you can't use the argument that he's fair game because he's making $11m........ he's not.

Regardless, what kind of person is so insecure and fragile that they need to do that kind of thing towards a player on a team you cheer for?

I've advocated hard for miller to be traded, but it was never because I thought he was a trash player and even if I thought that, id never shout it from the rooftop.  

I'm not so much questioning his contract it's his attitude.  He seems not to really care. Notice how he skated right past Garland coming off the ice after the win? Didn't go for the hug.

Just now, Canuck-Oni said:

I don't want to psychoanalysis Petty but I'm wondering if he is enjoying the gaming / streaming lifestyle moreso than hockey at the moment.

Gaming / streaming is easy..hockey is HARD. Hard on the body, mind, etc.

Steaming he can have a plethora of followers who LOVE him and don't complain or bitch at him like fans. Less pressure.

He could make more money steaming if he became popular...

Ah, all speculation and unsubstantiated musings.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN